What's new

Turbulent Mouse Movement

Acara

I wanted to get an opinion on the mouse movement to rotate. I have it set to Shift + Middle Click to rotate around the model and for some reason it's always delayed and the mouse must move X amount before it starts rotating. Any suggestions? I really prefer this when not using my Space Mouse due to being used to Inventor workflow.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think someone else on the forum commented on that a while ago. I don't know of a "fix" but my setting is to just use the mouse wheel button for rotating the model and I don't experience any delay.

Abhijit

Hi, can confirm. I have MMB for Pan and RMB for Rotate, the lag is there. It's comparatively more pronounced when using Shift key as a modifier.
To define what I mean by lag, it's like Acara says, moving the mouse X amount of distance before the Pan/Rotate starts.
This distance also depends on the speed of the movement. Move mouse slowly, and the cursor crosses half the screen with no Pan/Rotate registered.
A fast flick, and it rotates.

This behaviour is not natural imo, and feels very odd.
I purchased the Spacemouse Enterprise + CadMouse, and using the regular mouse now feels like torture haha.
I'd also love if the Spacemouse could recognise Alibre commands, the commands have to be entered as Macros and have the default Icon for everything.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
moving the mouse X amount of distance before the Pan/Rotate starts.
This distance also depends on the speed of the movement. Move mouse slowly, and the cursor crosses half the screen with no Pan/Rotate registered.
A fast flick, and it rotates.
Never noticed it before but just now holding down the mouse wheel and very slowly moving it the pointer didn't change and the model didn't move until I had move the mouse about a half inch. I generally just click and drag without any pause and the model pans or rotates instantly. This could be something with the mouse driver, but I'm guessing.