What's new

Unexpected error

gld

I started to create an off set ZXplane angot the error. Then noticed my design explorer window has a big red X in it.

Now what do I do ?????????

Gary

P.S. Got to leave shop. Be back in about 3 hrs.

Attachments

• Alibre.jpg
    Alibre.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 44

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Save the file - re-start Alibre.

Are you using Legacy Display mode? Windowpanes becoming disconnected was an issue with Legacy Display - not so much with HOOPS.

gld

David,
Thanks for your input. I was afraid to save in that state, thinking it would save the file in that state and have to start over. Anyway saving worked and

yes, I am in Legacy Display mode

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Unless their is good reason to use Legacy Display, turn it off. Legacy Display will disappear from future versions.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Unless their is good reason to use Legacy Display, turn it off. Legacy Display will disappear from future versions.
Hi David,
I hope no due that legacy Display the lines are thinner and sharper than the new graphics. AD is not a program for video games. It is a program for a designed product. If the new graphic becomes as sharp or sharper than the Legacy Display , then I welcome it, but it is not for me now.
That's my opinion.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I've found that without the a feature "Antialiasing" the lines are clear and almost as thin as the Legacy Display . The movement is also almost the same as the Legacy Display.
1666327783245.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
HOOPS does require more capable graphics hardware - but it is also modern, supported, and generally more robust than the Legacy Display. We've been warning ever since v2019 that Legacy Display will be removed at some point, and Alibre recently e-mailed customers again about this.

In v26 there will no longer be a GUI option to enable Legacy Display.

See https://www.alibre.com/legacy-display-mode/

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I insist,
I am not an expert on the subject but I think that the quality of the line of the LD is superior to that of Hoops and is what has characterized AD in its history. If the quality and speed of the line is maintained or improved, it will be a good thing.
For now I am using 3D Quality and are so close to the LD line in sketch.
Anyway Thank David for your comment.
1666374167335.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If there is a specific issue, it needs to be reported in detail - otherwise it won't be addressed.

Just saying Legacy Display is superior is meaningless. How is it better? In what circumstances is this apparent? What is your hardware (does it meet the stated requirements)? https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-software-requirements/

What are the settings used?

I suggest that all this is sent to support.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Thanks David,
If there is a specific issue, it needs to be reported in detail - otherwise it won't be addressed.
2D and 3D Sketch :A slow tracing not as instantaneous and fine as LD.

Just saying Legacy Display is superior is meaningless. How is it better? In what circumstances is this apparent? What is your hardware (does it meet the stated requirements)? https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-software-requirements/
1666378086269.png
What are the settings used?
1666378378114.png
When I click "Antialiasing" Design and Drawing the lines and velocity are worst.
Tomorrow I will contact support regarding to this issue.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
GIOV - I said send to support, and please look at the more on video cards. Slow, I can understand; not sure what 'fine' means.

If speed is the issue, then your video card is probably not adequate for HOOPS.

If available, enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling - but that will need fairly recent hardware and Win10 or Win11.

You can adjust setting in HOOPS to optimise performance, by dialling down some of the options.

dwc

Alibre Super User
Wow, I am surprised how much faster and more responsive AD is with the anti-aliasing off.
I know I don't have the worlds fastest graphic HW, but still...
Thanks for the info.
Don

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Wow, I am surprised how much faster and more responsive AD is with the anti-aliasing off.
Anti-Aliasing is usually done in the GPU these days, and it's pretty darn quick unless your graphics card is well below the recommended spec. On my desktop's spec (see signature below), there is no noticeable difference, even with a huge multi-part multi-assembly based model ... and I consider that a really old (released oct 2016) graphics card by todays standards!

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I have an old software (More than 15 years old ) and run fantastic with SIMPLE GRAPHIC CARD and it is so faster with little kb.... so..
1666566723139.png
Edit: More than 15 years old.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Have others noticed this - is it a big problem?.

Contouring ?? what do you mean?

If it's that Legacy does a better job with low spec GPUs, don't expect any changes to address that.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Contouring ?? what do you mean?
Sharp, unblurred (non-blurred) lines in 2D and 3D Sketch mode.
If it's that Legacy does a better job with low spec GPUs, don't expect any changes to address that.
Or yes, but my old software is doing a FANTASTIC job inside a not-great GPU ... (graphics processing unit).
I said send to support, and please look at the more on video cards.
I will sent but now they gently are addressing a KeyShot connection. I hope resolve this issue asap.
Thanks David!