What's new

Unexpected Sketcher Command, Shortcut & Toolbar Button behaviour

Abhijit

I am experiencing an unexpected behaviour related to enabling/disabling Sketch Grid, Constraints and Dimensions via default Keyboard Shortcuts, via the default Visibility Toolbars and from the View-Sketch Display options via the Options Menu.
At random sometimes the shortcuts, toolbar icons to enable/disable the grid, constraints and dimensions work, but suddenly they stop working.
The shortcuts don't seem to act and the toolbar icons don't change state as well as enable disable the above 3.
Exiting and entering the sketch again randomly makes them work but after enabling/disabling they don't show/hide anymore.

I have tried clearing my User Profile multiple times, no personal changes the settings are almost all default except the theme colours and I have tried reinstalling the software once but that didn't solve the issue for me.
Experiencing this on Major v25 release version as well as the latest SP1 as well.
I am not sure if it's something I am doing wrong on my end so I wanted to ask if other users came across similar behaviour or if it is a known issue.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Sounds similar to the issues I was having with switching between 2d and 3d sketch modes using the toolbar button in v25. I reported it previously and it's said to be fixed in the new service pack.

I suggest you report your issue to support as well.

Abhijit

Sounds similar to the issues I was having with switching between 2d and 3d sketch modes using the toolbar button in v25. I reported it previously and it's said to be fixed in the new service pack.

I suggest you report your issue to support as well.
Thankyou!
I found it weird even on my first day I started using Alibre that the keyboard shortcuts to enable/disable grid, constraints and dimensions were not working.
I then got rid of the ribbon and placed the default toolbars and found even the toolbar buttons to enable/disable the above mentioned commands didn't work, or work once but then don't.
I did search the forum to see any similar issues reported but couldn't find any other users experiencing similar behaviour.
Maybe it's got something to do with my own system, which is a very clean windows 11 pro install with nothing but Design and Engineering softwares installed.

Just posted here to see any other users experience the same, I will go ahead, gather some videos and images of the behaviour and share them with the support.
Thanks Nate!