What's new

Updating Maintenance.

jcdammeyer

Well I did try and update and buy another year of maintenance before the 29th of July. Even sent an email asking why I was being charged an extra $200 for expired maintenance when I was trying to renew before it expired. No answer on that. And I wasn't about to pay an extra $200 for renewing before it expired.

So I guess I'm now without maintenance and I have $400+ to spend on tooling for the machine shop.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Well I did try and update and buy another year of maintenance before the 29th of July. Even sent an email asking why I was being charged an extra $200 for expired maintenance when I was trying to renew before it expired. No answer on that. And I wasn't about to pay an extra $200 for renewing before it expired.

So I guess I'm now without maintenance and I have $400+ to spend on tooling for the machine shop.

In my experience, email is a good way to never hear from someone again. My inbox at work gets so much irrelevant stuff and spam that I couldn't possibly sort though it all in the time I have.

Go to their website and use the chat thing, or give them a call and explain the situation. They've always been very reasonable with me via chat or phone call.

On my phone, the chat option pops up when go the the website, and click the Alibre logo on top of the screen my screen.

Try it Monday morning and I bet they get you taken care of.

Just tap the icon on the bottom right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-182057.png
    Screenshot_20220730-182057.png
    309.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

jcdammeyer

In my experience, email is a good way to never hear from someone again. My inbox at work gets so much irrelevant stuff and spam that I couldn't possibly sort though it all in the time I have.

Go to their website and use the chat thing, or give them a call and explain the situation. They've always been very reasonable with me via chat or phone call.

On my phone, the chat option pops up on the bottom of my screen pretty much as soon as I open the site. Try it Monday morning and I bet they get you taken care of.

Just tap the icon on the bottom right.
It's been dealt with. I no longer have an extra $465US to spend on stuff for the shop.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
They should put a little button, link or something, right here:

Untitled.jpg

It could stay greyed out until within 60ish days of expiration, then go active. You click the button, and it takes you to a page where you can enter your credit card# and renew your maintenance.

It would be great for guys like me, who wake up one day and decide to renew the maintenance, then realize it's a weekend, so must wait until the world re-opens on Monday to renew.

Because, by the time Monday comes around, the wife has already realized there is a budget surplus and bought a new pair of shoes to be stacked in the closet on top of 300lbs of other never worn, new shoes.

A button on their website that leads to the same renewal page would be handy too.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It could stay greyed out until within 60ish days of expiration, then go active. You click the button, and it takes you to a page where you can enter your credit card# and renew your maintenance.
You already get a banner on the bottom of the window the month before renewal and links that take you to the resellers list!

jcdammeyer

I agree. But to get that you'd have to use one of the newer versions. I did renew last year. I do have a copy of V26. But it wouldn't run on my WIN-7 system. A couple of months ago I finally built a new system with m.2 SSDs, high end graphics card that for Alibre how running WIN-10. I did try WIN-11 and then removed it and started over with WIN-10. Too much of call home and require Microsoft to be part of my personal life. I managed to stop the install of WIN-10 at the call home point, disconnected the network and ran a command line function to enable the rest of WIN-10 Pro Install.

BaseBoard Product PRIME H770-PLUS D4
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12600K, 3700 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory 64 GB

Haven't actually tried V26 on it yet. Happier with the smaller ICONs etc on V25. Don't like the bigger ICONs on V26. Since the new system (way bigger than the original WIn-7) cost about $2K that would make the V26 upgrade really cost $2,465 and then add this years renewal over $3K.

Earlier this week I did spend another $320. I'm pretty sure that came out of the Alibre upgrade budget so now all I have left in the budger for another year of non-uprade service is $125.
1686328600516.png

Ken226

Alibre Super User
You already get a banner on the bottom of the window the month before renewal and links that take you to the resellers list!

I didn't realize that. So, the banner should be popping up in about a week.

Nevermind then.. :)