What's new

Upgrade procedure - 2019 Expert to V24 Expert?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
What's the recommended procedure for upgrading ver. 2019 to V24? Just update through the Alibre Utilities tab or do I need to uninstall 2019 before installing V24?

Are there any gotchas awaiting me, like custom thread settings or other system features that need to be save before upgrading?

Thanks

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Not sure if you need to uninstall 2019 before installing v24 but if you do make sure to restart your computer before the install of v24.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Not sure if you need to uninstall 2019 before installing v24 but if you do make sure to restart your computer before the install of v24.
Thanks for that tip - might not have thought of it. I'll wait for word from Alibre TS first and see if I can just install V24 over 2019.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Tech support got back me and recommends uninstall of 2019 followed by running a fresh download of v24 since I am upgrading to a version that is more than one version newer than my current version. Nice to get a reply after normal working hours. She didn't mention re-booting in between, but I'll do that, too.