What's new

Use of ADSession.PreviewSnapshot

Use of ADSession.PreviewSnapshot

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had used the ADSession.PreviewSnapshot attribute, and if so, could I see an example?

Thanks,
Duane

Hi,

Bad form to answer my own post, but I just downloaded the new API Documentation, and this function isn't listed.

So...either it didn't work and was removed, or whatever.

Thanks,
Duane

alexfranke

I haven't used this either -- I wonder if it's just a screenshot like what you get when you "send a snapshot"... In any case please let us know if you find an answer...

-Alex

cclark440

Alibre Super User

It wasn't removed. If you look at AlibreX in an object browser you cn see that it is still there.

My understanding is that when Alibre released 9.0 and the new API, they never updated the API documentation. So really there are more features than you will find in the docs. A good example is Configurations. It is nowhere to be found in the docs, but it is there in the API.

Looking and the PreviewSnapShot, I am a little confused about what exactly it is supposed to be/do.

In the object browser it shows this
Code:
ReadOnly Property PreviewSnapshot() As Object
     Member of: AlibreX.IADSession

warburton1

It could be used for the snapshots that repository has to preview parts, the graphic not being much bigger than that used in XP explorer windows.

alexfranke

Yeah -- I didn't know the respository did this, but I'd bet you a nickel you're right. (I'm using Xpress, which doesn't have repository functionality.)

I'll let you know if I find out more.

-Alex