What's new

V24 - Requests

JST

Alibre Super User
Doesn't that exist already as "show part in explorer"?

Or do you mean from the explorer to the assembly? That "sort of" exists now, as you go through the explorer the parts light up.

Gbcm

Doesn't that exist already as "show part in explorer"?

Or do you mean from the explorer to the assembly? That "sort of" exists now, as you go through the explorer the parts light up.

see the image attached,
no one say to you: "could you find and edit the part 61203421621_03 in the 61203421621 sub-assembly of the sub-assembly ...?"
but they simply tell you: "edit the 61203421621_03 part"
and if you work in a team probably you're not the creator of the main assembly and have to search in every sub assembly.

a simple search bar on top of the "design Explorer tree" would be a great help

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 58

Gbcm

could someone who is using the beta say if there is the search function in the "design explorer" sidebar?

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I'm hoping for something that I've been pushing for since as long as I can remember, especially as V24 seems to have some core modelling improvements coming. I'd like to be able to Extrude or Sweep to another Parts geometry in Assembly.

Gbcm

Can we have a search function in the design explorer to easily find items in assemblies?
latest news:
the search framework exist in the v26, but the search function doesn't work propertly
in the "design explorer" tree select the main Assembly -> and then Press Ctrl+F

you can see the search bar on top of the design explorer, but it doesn't work.
I opened a support ticket, hopefully they will fix it in the next release...

search.jpg

Gbcm

It is fixed in v27. The basic feature was a by-product of switching to a new UI component, it needed some tweaks to work correctly with Alibre.

I can't find a way to make the search bar appear above the "design explorer", ctrl+f doesn't work

how to make the search bar appear like in v26?
search.jpg

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked status of this. Quite late in the day an issue was discovered with the Find function in Design Explorer (relating to sub-assemblies). Rather than ship a feature that could give misleading answers, Find was removed from just the Design Explorer for the time being.

A quick fix would not be possible as there are linkages to how other DE behaviour is managed.

I must apologise for my premature update above before all testing was completed.

Gbcm

I saw that the "UI proposal - feedback requested" thread has been added, so why not create a request for v29 in advance that also brings functionality to the new UI!
so, after the request for v24, v26, v27, Can we have a search function in the design explorer to easily find items in assemblies?