What's new

V25 External thread problem

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Stefan - thanks for checking, the key thing is non cm model units. I thought I'd tried that yesterday without success, but I must have made a mistake during testing.

Exporting and re-importing is under user control, so the issue can be avoided, but STEP files from other systems still remain vulnerable to this issue. I know in broad terms what's going on, but not the fine detail - has been logged with Development.

Reactions: Adi

Adi

Adi,

I can reproduce the line in one view - I think that is related to a way the projections are produced. Even in my original AD_PRT a drawing of cylinder shows projected Diameter in 3 derived views, but pairs of Radii in the 4th view - though no line along centre. The export/re-import for some reason results in a line being added in that derived view in drawing. You can at least send that extra line to an invisible layer

I can't yet reproduce from scratch the odd behaviour of the external thread tool, which makes me wonder what is different about your export/import process, or your system compared to mine. If I can identify the key thing, and hence give a reproducible way to trigger the issue, it makes things much simpler for Development.

Ahhh, yes, I can see the same behaviouur, but I noticed , that in orginal file was AD_PRT it appers on projections, which normaly probably no one use to draw shafts etc ;)

I've noticed strange behaviour with imported step files as well. I had this exact same thing and also when producing drawings you tend to get odd artifacts coming in. I did speak with support about it and they gave me a way to move the artifacts onto a blank layer, sometimes this is ok sometimes it hides details you need to see.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Adi,

Both issues were logged with Development and will be investigated as resource allows. One seems to relate to a 3rd party component.

Adi

David,
thanks, I just hope, that any patch for this will also be avalible even after my maitenance will be over :)