What's new

V25 Memory leaks?

Is anyone else experiencing memory leaks running the latest version? I see evidence for these on my machine when after closing the program & opening task manager, an Alibre process shows as running with a big chunk (several GB) of RAM associated. manually ending the process therein releases the memory. This has happened multiple times since I installed the update.

Scott

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Since I saw your post a couple hours ago I started monitoring my system memory performance while using Alibre.

Mine seems to be working perfectly. Alibre uses memory while running, but as soon as I shut down the software both Alibre and it's associated memory usage disappears, as indicated in the task manager.

Is this something that happens every time you use it, or is it intermittent?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Is anyone else experiencing memory leaks running the latest version? I see evidence for these on my machine when after closing the program & opening task manager, an Alibre process shows as running with a big chunk (several GB) of RAM associated. manually ending the process therein releases the memory. This has happened multiple times since I installed the update.
This is most noticeable if you work on creating a large assembly and are constantly switching between editing sub-parts, as the design evolves, in a single Alibre session. i.e. over the course of a working day.

This has been previously discussed and shown (you can see the memory increasing each time you open a workspace, but it never fully gets released when you close one) in the first post of a thread I started on UI performance ...

https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/v25-some-aspects-of-ui-performance-are-visibly-not-as-good-as-v24.23552/

It's not new to v25, this has been the case for quite sometime. If you don't have much RAM in your machine, you notice it more as the OS starts using the disc swap file and that manifests itself as the application becoming more and more sluggish. Short term I improved it by adding more RAM (from 8GB to 32GB).

Doesn't solve the underlying issue though, although I do believe that Alibre are constantly working on performance improvements, hopefully addressing this one soon is one of them!

This is most noticeable if you work on creating a large assembly and are constantly switching between editing sub-parts, as the design evolves, in a single Alibre session. i.e. over the course of a working day.

This has been previously discussed and shown (you can see the memory increasing each time you open a workspace, but it never fully gets released when you close one) in the first post of a thread I started on UI performance ...

https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/v25-some-aspects-of-ui-performance-are-visibly-not-as-good-as-v24.23552/

It's not new to v25, this has been the case for quite sometime. If you don't have much RAM in your machine, you notice it more as the OS starts using the disc swap file and that manifests itself as the application becoming more and more sluggish. Short term I improved it by adding more RAM (from 8GB to 32GB).

Doesn't solve the underlying issue though, although I do believe that Alibre are constantly working on performance improvements, hopefully addressing this one soon is one of them!
Thanks Simon! I agree, this needs fixing ASAP.