What's new

V25 - Reference points have lost source geometry

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Anyone seen this ...

1657102415056.png

Deleting some unused geometry (all had the 'delete' option enabled so presumably they had no dependencies) and now I have 2 reference points that can't be deleted (greyed out) and a sketch that is also undeletable (Sketch<7>) presumably because it thinks it still contains the 2 points!

Opening the sketch that the reference points were created on (Sketch<7>) and still the reference points are untouchable!

Any ideas folks on how to delete them?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Can you right click on the Points and Edit them to reselect the entity (or any entity) that was used to create them? If you can then maybe then you'll be able to delete them.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Can you right click on the Points and Edit them to reselect the entity (or any entity) that was used to create them? If you can then maybe then you'll be able to delete them.
No, I think the entity used to create them was a couple of nodes that I added to the sketch. Then I created the reference points from those nodes.

Now in removing unwanted geometry, etc. I deleted the nodes from the sketch (so it would free up the sketch to be deleted). However, that seems to have left the reference points orphaned and the sketch thinking it still has dependencies. I think the validation of deleting entities and checking if they are being used is broken with regards to nodes an reference points.

When I get 10 minutes, I'll do a simple step by step on a new blank part to see if there are simple steps to reproduce that I can send to support.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Do they show up as "Degenerate Figures" if you analyse the sketch?
No, the sketch analysis shows no issues ...

1657199514274.png

Sketch shows no errors ...

1657199584356.png

Yet, I cant delete it ...

1657199628300.png

As for the points, can't delete them ...

1657199674292.png

And their status is as per the first post.

Interestingly, if I select 'Edit' on either Point<9> or Point<10>, Sketch<7> becomes active ... so, the points know about the sketch they were created on. But whilst in that sketch I can't delete, move, dimension those reference points. Also interesting, is that the help doesn't cover deleting reference points, only inserting them!