What's new

V26 Help... Restoring Toolbars

This afternoon, I downloaded/installed V26. I was trying to customize and reshape some of the existing toolbars, like Sketch... remove a couple of items that I don't use and make the toolbar vertical. Finally figured out how to make it vertical and drag it to the right side of the screen, but at some point I tried to stretch it vertically too much and it disappeared off the screen. Now I cannot get it back. I have tried deactivating and reactivating it, as well as resetting it, but it will not come back. Have no idea where it went. Maybe this is a Windows 10 issue, rather than Alibre issue, but I would appreciate any help!!

Best Regards and God Bless!!

Kugel

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
By 'resetting it' what do you mean?

To return to starting point, I suggest use the 'reset user profile' link on Utilities Tab of the Home Window - you will loose any UI customisations, so will have to set them up again.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Resetting the user profile will lose ALL user settings. Which sucks. Again I express that such settings should be plain text or at least separated into multiple files for design settings and UI settings.
Totally agree 100% @NateLiqGrav , the phrase "too many eggs in one 'very fragile' basket" springs to mind! Imagine if the windows registry was as fragile as the Alibre user profile file!

Thank you, Gentlemen! Yes, I fixed it by resetting the user profile, which does, indeed, create a huge pain to go back a set up all of my UI preferences. But, live and learn; I won't make that mistake again. Also, I am in complete agreement about breaking up the User Profile into smaller categories that can be reset individually!

Thank you all again!