What's new

v27 Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Harold, is that via 'edit here' or 'edit in separate window', or some other method....? Maybe I'm mis-understanding you.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Either on initial part creation or after it is saved in its toolbox folder. That way all the added features become available when using the toolbox.
And since the part is saved to the assembly's folder when adding it to an assembly, if you modify the part in 'edit here' or 'edit in separate window' the mods are only applied in the assembly the part is inserted into because the part is no longer associated to the toolbox.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
is tollbox part of Alibre PRO?
My understanding is that it should be. Looks like the icon is indeed missing from ribbon in assemblies when using a Pro licence - this has been reported. The 'Add part from spreadsheet' link on Utilities Tab of Home Window is present and active with Pro licence.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
My mistake - seems like I mis-understood the information at hand, Toolbox will be Expert only - the link on Utilities tab of Pro will be removed (it shouldn't have been there).

Apologies for any confusion and disappointment.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
And speaking of the Toolbox...One thing that could improve it would be to have the part description and part number populated from the spreadsheet. That would be nice to have in the case of hardware. If hardware is assigned part numbers then it would seem to make sense to have that information as part of the spreadsheet when it is created and become part of the default file name when saving the item.
And yes, I turned this in via the reporting system.

ITEM PART DATA-PN.jpg

But that brings up another issue, the examples given all save the toolbox items into the current assembly folder. What about standard hardware? That, I would think, should be saved in a location where the part could be reused and have a Save Lock placed on the file. Hmmmm....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You guys should talk about specific v27 functionality in the v27 beta forum. We are on reply 120ish on this thread and stuff is liable to get lost!

In fact a lot of this is off topic. The status is we are in beta, we are confident this will be a short beta, and will probably release in like 3 weeks. Don't quote me I haven't asked dev, but everything is looking pretty good.

Going to lock this thread, start a new one on the status question if you wish and let's take the other discussions to the 27 beta forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.