What's new

Vault and Windows 10

steveastro

jhiker said:
Uncheck it in Tools/Options from the home screen.

like I said, the "Use vault" option is checked, but the option box is greyed out, or disabled. The answer seems to be, remove M-files completely.

Also, M-files finally says talk to Geomagic and Geomagic says talk to M-files, so I am no further along.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I'd guess that M-Files sees no reason to support GMD users for an add-on for which GMD no longer pays licensing fees.

steveastro

Presumably, but I haven't been offered a chance to buy a seat. And I was proselytising the benefits of M-files to my IT people recently. Screw them now.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
huh...........when I asked about licensing I was offered to have my local rep get in contact with me if I wanted.

Ask them I you just need current maintenance to get the latest version or if you would need a new license.

voxelman

Three emails now, and no help from M-files.

How do I turn OFF the vault functionality ? Its greyed out and ticked in my system properties.

I realize that this thread is long in the tooth but the answer to your question is to uncheck the "Use Alibre Vault?" check mark.

I just encountered this issue with Alibre Vault crashing after a Windows 10 computer upgrade. Looks like it is back to Windows 7 Professional for me.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
So far vault works perfectly for me through all Win 10 upgrades. Sad to hear people are having trouble.

voxelman

So far vault works perfectly for me through all Win 10 upgrades. Sad to hear people are having trouble.
I think the key here is that you maintained a sequence of vault updates through the various versions of M-Files and were savvy enough to get updated license keys.

I tried to use the latest version of M-Files but in spite of my having checked in all of my files and the restore seeming to occur without error, numerous parts are missing from my assemblies.