What's new

Vault How To and Hints

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
Here are the Vault definitions for Catalog Feature with Properties: continuation below, and Custom Symbol:

Attachments

• Alibre Custom Symbol.png
    Alibre Custom Symbol.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 320
  • Alibre Catalog Feature2.png
    Alibre Catalog Feature2.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 4,572
  • Alibre Catalog Feature1.png
    Alibre Catalog Feature1.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 331

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
Alibre Drawing and Alibre Part file with continued Properties: box below. I have not included the Alibre Sheet Metal Part definition as it is the same as the Alibre Part file definition. Good Luck and enjoy using the Vault as you would the Repository:

Attachments

• Alibre Part2.png
    Alibre Part2.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 4,503
  • Alibre Part1.png
    Alibre Part1.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Alibre Drawing.png
    Alibre Drawing.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 314

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
WoodWorks USE OF PART DATA FIELDS:

For those of you that may be interested in why I only use the bottom 7 fields in the Part Data, I will explain. I use the 7 sequential fields to store data for Sheet Layout and CutlistPlus sheet optimization programs. I initially tried to store the data in fields that sort of matched the actual data intent, but soon abandoned that scheme in favor of the sequential fields approach as the data was all together for review. With the Vault, I have had to abandon the Product field and use the Additional Comment field for Configuration based comments or Sheet Layout Operations. I have also had to reverse my use of Stock Size and Supplier for Material Name and Type because of the Vault properties definitions as I did not want to have to add values to a list before being able to use them:

Part Data----------------Sheet Layout-----------CutlistPlus
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Received From----------Job
Revision-----------------SubAssembly-----------SubAssembly
Stock Size---------------Material Name---------Material Name
Supplier------------------Material Type----------Material Type
Title----------------------Color
Vendor-------------------Can Rotate--------------Can Rotate (Yes/No)
WebLink-----------------Banding------------------Banding (LFBR=Left/Front/Back/Right)
Additional Comment---Operations---------------Notes

I now have only ONE Cutlist definition and use that to output a .CSV file of the BOM data. I then use AutoHotKey to post process the output data from the BOM and re-format it for input into Sheet Layout and Cutlist Plus sheet optimization programs, and even into a format that I can use with MasterCAM to do nesting via the KCDw format input dialog. When I get some time, I hope to add support for the Itemizer as well. Hope you well in setting up the Vault to suit the way you work.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
@ WoodWorks
Vault is hard to wrap you mind around unless you read the documentation and How To posts. But people don't look for the answers. They ask questions (complain) specifically answered in these How To posts.

You deserve a gold star for the awesome help you have provided to the Alibre community. Thank you!
goldstar.jpg

Ralf

Alibre Super User
My respect and a big "Thank you WoodWorks"!
... also from my side, the gold star for your time and effort.

Attachments

• M-Files-star.jpg
    M-Files-star.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 322
Hello,
I've been using Alibre for 3 years, and i've upgraded to V11 for 3 months now but still i'm not able to use it and at the moment i'm depending on the previous version to do my work.
The problem i'm facing now is, migrating from the old repository to the vault system. And also i'm kind of having a problem to understand how the vault system works ( a bit slow on this system, guess i'm too used with the old way)
From what i understand, when migrating the repository to the vault, it will only recognize this binaries form "{3AE11B95-55A4-4301-850C-631946B3AB77}" right?
For example, for any projects of my work , normally i will create 1 repository for each, and this repository will have more than 1 revision (meaning, i never overwite the repository if there's any ammendment, so i will create a new ".arb file", and i understand that though everytime i back up it as a new file, it never change the ".bak" file .
So, while trying to convert all the repositories into this new system, there's an error message popped out. See attachment 1
Eventhough i have cleared out all the "restored ARB" in the list, still the same error message came out.
Can anyone help me on this? A.S.A.P. :wink:

Yaya Sachiko
Alibre Design user
Malaysia

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 332

cadtec

Hello yaya. The same probleme here on several of my customers! -> An active repository that matches the one in the backup file already exist. {890DB3EA-71FA-49B7-8E80-65E0AA9BF812}
Need help too ASAP.
Best regards,
CADTEC

Hi again..
I was hoping that i could sort it out through this forum, since i've been asking some help from the Alibre U.S Support team and the local representative here, but all they gave me was this explaination of "Alibre Vault by M-files"
My Alibre V11.2 is running perfectly normal, the only difficulty i'm facing now is Migrating all the old repositories into the Vault System as stated in the previous post.
Any advice or solution on this issue?

Rgds,
Yaya

cadtec

Hi yaya, now I have found a solution by self. (Green selected text can be differently, because I work under a German-Windows XP)

- Delete content of: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\

Before you delete now, make Backups of all the following files:

- Delete content of: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Alibre Design\default user\Repositories\

- Search and Delete the file: LocalRepositories.cfg

Now you can Re-Import any ARB-Files.

Hi Cadtec,
Ok ..will try on this..that means i need to make a backup on anything inside those folder first, i delete it then i need to restore back the ARB files..got it..

Rgds,
Yaya

cadtec

News from the migration-front: If an ARB-File contains a folder or a file with a " in the name, the transfer does not work. You must re-install V10 and change this character to a valid one and backup again.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
This would probably be a good place to put this.

SEARCHING THE VAULT

There are some special characters you can add to your searches to produce better results. The following describes some of them and an example of their use.

The ? character can replace any single character, and the * character can replace any number of characters.
For example, if you want to find documents whose Design Field property value starts with any eight characters followed by the character string 'design' and then any number of any characters, you specify ????????design* as the search criterion. The Design Field property value of documents returned by this search could be, e.g., Graphic design or Website design.

Also the # can replace any single digit.
For example, 7# matches numbers that include 7 followed by another number, such as 71, but not 17 and not 7a.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
REMOVING VAULT ID NUMBERS

Users here have complained previously about how Vault appends an ID number onto the file name of any file copied to WFS.

I was looking for something entirely different when I found this nugget on the M-Files Community Forum - it seems you can turn this feature off.

http://community.m-files.com/index.php?topic=477.0

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The Alibre 2012 User Manual has a much extended section describing use of the Vault. This would be an excellent place to start for those new to or struggling with the Vault.

Ajokki

Hi,

Is there still support for M-files in latest version?
I would like to renew my maintenance license but I have build up my file
management on M-files and I don´t want to change that.

Br

Ajokki

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
AD v21 does still support M-Files (with current version of M-Files) - your licensing of M-Files is a separate item.