What's new

Version 22 - one more thing

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks, DavidJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My KeyShot version is at 9.3.

I was looking at the new functions in V22 and really like the library functions. I all ready have a folder label fasteners and wish to transfer them to a library. I am using toolbar instead of the ribbon. So how do I find this library so I add it to my toolbar?

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
OK, I found the custom toolbar and the library functions, but I can not seem to add them to my toolbar. I click on one of them (as shown in the screenshot), but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Custom Toolbars.jpg

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
OK, I found the custom toolbar and the library functions, but I can not seem to add them to my toolbar. I click on one of them (as shown in the screenshot), but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
You must first click "New..." to create a new custom toolbar.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
OK, That worked :)

So how do I save the bolt in the library?
According to the help files, I should see the bolt when I click on the M4 bolt, but nothing shows up.

The part was attached to the first post on this thread.

Dart Project 5 EFI M6 Wand #2.jpg

Dart Project 5 EFI M6 Wand.jpg

sboivin

It would be so nice if library parts can be just modified with changing those library parameters and not to save it at all as a new part. It would make that "Frame Generator" already a bit unnecessary, this solution is so near to it already. Just leave an option there to "break link to library".

One biggest benefit would be to reduce files amount in a one project, because most of the parts would be the "Adaptive Library Parts". It would reduce also file management mess, because one assy would not have so many links to each small metal piece. Library part measuring sheet("Cutlist") is so easy to make on assy drawing sheet#2, library parts wont need separated drawings.
It would be nice to have the part that appears once in the Design Explorer but you could expand it to all different "cut" or here we could use configurations used. In fact being able to just "Add new configuration" from this part with the Library Parameter and name the configuration with this value would be fast and easy to create parts to assemble frames. As an option (a button in the parameter window) we could select 2 points in the assembly. It could even generate constraints automatically! (looks like a script that could be done...)

Issues with V22 AlibreThreads.xlsx operation. OK, here in the US a thread has a specific designation ".2500-28UNF" being quite typical. Then there is the "fit & strength class o fit" (being a: 1, 2, or 3) which is followed by a "male" or "female" thread designater ("A" for male or "B" for female). This makes the formal definition either (say) ".2500-28UNF-2A" for a "Class 2 fit" male thread, or ".2500-28UNF-2B" for a "Class 2 fit" female thread. How does one get this correctly identified through the "nre" system? -- Lew

Attached is my "comments" after a month of screwing around with the "V22 AlibreThreads.xlsx" documantation... -- Lew

Attachments

• AlibreThreads Comments.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 23

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Lew and I have been corresponding about this and he makes a good point. And yes, we metric users also have a tolerancing of our threads. Its not seen often but I do agree that AD should allow for this 'specification', particularly if it wants to walk with the big boys.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello colleagues,

if the thread has been chosen with the wanted class in 3D, then in drawing mode you can choose (if needed in particular situations) the thread informations which are stored in the new tables...

Example:

3D:

upload_2020-12-22_11-0-37.png

2D (drawing)

upload_2020-12-22_10-52-52.png

upload_2020-12-22_10-58-18.png

same for metric...
upload_2020-12-22_11-4-31.png

Regards
Stefan

if the thread has been chosen with the wanted class in 3D, then in drawing mode you can choose (if needed in particular situations) the thread informations which are stored in the new tables...
Actually Stefan -- None of your "notations" work for me. It should be incumbent upon Alibre to encourage appropriate designation of such things. Now I am "less than conversant" with ISO callout systems, but I assure you that they fail within the Unified National system. It is not "1/4-20 UNC -2B" but it is ".2500-20UNC-2B" when properly designated. -- Lew

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I don't recall hearing of that thread size but a quick internet search puts it in the (U)NS.
I also found this bit of info:
6-48.png

after running a "Find" on this web site.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Yes, it is a "gun" screw. I just didn't know the "(U)NS" "standard" designation. Thanks.
(and thank them for "Find" tool:eek:)

My current "comments' on the AlibreThreads.xslx system are:

Attachments

• V22 AlibreThreads-xlsx Comments 20201326.pdf
    90 KB · Views: 12