What's new

Version 25 - Features Announced via Facebook

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I got an email from Alibre a couple weeks ago regarding some of the new features. I'm very much looking forward to the release!

Text wrapping, sketch project to 3d surface, adding the enhanced snap options to dimensioning and constraints and the side by side install options are fantastic.

I love the idea of installing V24 and V25 beta at the same time. I have to give them credit. They're doing a good job of earning my maintenance money. They keep this up, and I'll keep renewing my maintenance.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKR

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
As usual @Max does a good job demonstrating the upcoming enhancements. I'm looking forward to more.
So I spent some time watching the videos to get a better picture of what is planned and some questions do come to mind so I'll go down the list.

So with the Wrap tool, does that allow for something like a full 360 degree cam profile to be created? It doesn't look like the Project tool will work for that.

1650515292624.png

With the Design Explorer enhancements, considering the changes so far, is anything like folders planned? I know that has been suggested in the past and again more recently.

Expanded snapping will be a nice addition to sketching, although I don't seem to have any issues with what we have now.

Glad to see that SVG export made it into this version. :) That will save me from having to create dxf files for my parts. Not sure if I'll use the import but we'll see.

Might be handy to have OBJ import as well as export. There have been times that I found a model online that I wanted to download only to find it only available in OBJ.:mad:

And side-by-side install. So according the explanation it will only work with versions of the same level; Expert to Expert, Pro to Pro, Atom to Atom, and not like Pro to Atom?

Mika

Nothing worth to update for my work what I’m doing…let’s see next year again.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Might be handy to have OBJ import as well as export. There have been times that I found a model online that I wanted to download only to find it only available in OBJ.:mad:

Same issue there as with STL or other mesh imports.

And side-by-side install. So according the explanation it will only work with versions of the same level; Expert to Expert, Pro to Pro, Atom to Atom, and not like Pro to Atom?
Your licence determines which level of product you can access. Side-by-side is about running more than one version on same computer, sharing the same licence. If you have licences for different levels, just switch the licences.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I love the idea of installing V24 and V25 beta at the same time. I have to give them credit. They're doing a good job of earning my maintenance money. They keep this up, and I'll keep renewing my maintenance.
Side by side works moving forward but does not include v24. Pretty significant changes had to occur to make this workable and so it isn't retroactive. But you can have v25 and the v26 beta side by side, etc.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
So with the Wrap tool, does that allow for something like a full 360 degree cam profile to be created? It doesn't look like the Project tool will work for that.
Correct, this is a wrap use case. Wrap can sometimes be finicky when it wraps back on itself, in your example where the 2 ends of your cam profile come together. Based on my testing it might work or it might not for that use case depending on the geometry. I get the sense that ACIS didn't try too hard to support that use case as broadly as we would have hoped. But I have made successful examples.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Max,
I have a lot of feature requirements that are not included in this release, but kudos for the effort! It would be great if you could restore the old Alibre Motion plugin in 64-bit! It was part of a package that I bought with a perpetual license and I think it must be part of the included Alibre ecosystem.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKR

Plista

Max,
I have a lot of feature requirements that are not included in this release, but kudos for the effort! It would be great if you could restore the old Alibre Motion plugin in 64-bit! It was part of a package that I bought with a perpetual license and I think it must be part of the included Alibre ecosystem.
Did You try SimWise Motion? There was a special discounted offer to move from Alibre Motion to SimWise Motion or 4D at that time...