What's new

Voron 2.4 Building

Mika

Hi.

Is there any Alibre users who have built Voron 2.4? I just downloaded step model from Voron website and open it on to the Alibre. Looks nice, but it´s only 250x250 bedsize and I wanted to maximize it to 350x350. I already asked this from Vorom Discord if this is also available. I´ll let you know if it is. But...it would be nice to hear if here is somebody also working with Voron printer. :)

1643964660894.png

Chevy

Hi,

I built a Voron V2.4 Last year. Beautiful machine. I built it with a 300mmx300mm build area. I believe 350mmx350mm is the biggest supported size.
If you use the BOM generator on Voron Designs site it will give you a list of extrusions you need for the required build size. The discord is the best source for support.

I know this may be a little late, I hope it helps.

Chevy

Mika

Hey. Yeah, I did not found 350x350 model, need to make that by myself if needed. I think it’s not needed, *.pdf instructions are quite a clear and smaller 3d assy have basicly same details, if I want to look something more closely.

Need to finish my Ender3Max upgrades now that I can start to print Voron ABS parts.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I'm just finishing up a 300x300.

Ran the first few startup tests a couple hours ago.

Ill finish up the enclosure tomorrow

It's been a fun and challenging project. I'm using a Stealthburner print head, but attached to the older clockwork one extruder, since I ordered a machined aluminum extruder before I realized there was a difference.

Hopefully I get to try printing something with it tomorrow.

My Flashforge Creator accumulated over a hundred hours of print time making ABS Voron parts.

Last edited:

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I finished my Voron 2.4 several days ago.

It took a few days to work out the bugs and get the printer.cfg file all dialed it, but it's running like a champ now.

I'm loving it so far. It's been running for 2 days strait printing its own parts!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
It's been a year since I built this Voron 2.4, so an update.

So far, I'm up to 1635 hours.

It's been a beast of a 3d printer. I absolutely love it.IMG_20231120_075258851_HDR.jpg

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Upgrading my older StealthBurner Clockwork 1 toolhead to the newer Clockwork 2 type. I printed and assembled two of them this morning.

Better filament guide path, easier to assemble/disassemble for maintenance, and ill be using a w piece PCB that allows the front face to be removed/installed without having to fiddle with any wire connectors. It's all 3d printed except the BondTech gears, bearings, screws, stepper motor and threaded inserts melted into the plastic. I printed two, so id have a spare, just in case.

IMG_20231122_145548478.jpg

GIOV

Alibre Super User

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Any of you Voron builders used the Adxl345 chip to do input shaping? I have an accelerometer chip on the way from Amazon and am building a harness for it now.

It seems like a diminishing returns thing, but still interesting. The chip was only 6$.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
The ADXL345 chip works nicely. After running the X and Y axis tests, I was able to generate some graphs of the ringing frequencies. The program then recommends the appropriate imput shaper mode and frequencies to plug into Klippers printer.cfg file.

shaper_calibrate_x.pngshaper_calibrate_y.png

A test print of the ringing_tower model with the input shaper deactivated, then another with it active shows that it is very helpful in improving surface finish at higher speeds and accel settings.