What's new

Voting is now open for the modeling contest

Just an FY. I think there is something wrong with the voting page. Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I click 10 entries (the counter goes down to zero) then click the "submit after voting" button then it takes me to a second page of entries and the voting counter now says I have 4 votes remaining.

Abhijit

Just an FY. I think there is something wrong with the voting page. Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I click 10 entries (the counter goes down to zero) then click the "submit after voting" button then it takes me to a second page of entries and the voting counter now says I have 4 votes remaining.
The second page is specifically for the Atom3d users if I am not wrong.
The contest is split into Inter-Alibre Design and Inter-Atom3d users.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Max,
I am seeing fantastic 3D models but the Design Explorer many of them are not open for one or more parts, so May be many of these parts are imported and not elaborated by Alibre Design.
Please is it feasible to make new image of each model that better visualizes the Design Explorer where shows sketches levels, so the person like make a vote better evaluate the Design Process in Alibre Design?
Thanks in advance!:)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We reviewed all the submissions. There is no feasible way to possibly show each part's feature history for an assembly in a single image. Further the feature history in an assembly is only visible while in part editing mode which puts other parts in a lower visibility state.

So, in short, even if it were possible and also wouldn't make bad pictures, it still isn't necessary. This is a modeling contest, not a design process contest. Perhaps in the future we could make design process challenges, e.g. create a specific part in the fewest features or something like that.