What's new

Weird fillet issue

concept

Hello, everyone.
I had some trouble applying a .02" fillet to one area of edges, but I cannot repeat this operation on the opposite side. If I pick a single corner, a different edge is filleted. If I select the rectangular area, I get an error message that says the target is no longer available. Would someone take a look at this model and try to duplicate the fillets already created on one side, on the opposite side?

Attachments

• Brace).AD_PRT
    583 KB · Views: 4

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Select the 2 lower edges BEFORE selecting the top face.

1684806668947.png

1684806720278.png

The order of selection can make a big difference. This method worked fine on both sides for me.

concept

Thanks. I never thought that the sequence would fix it. I did get it to work another way but don't know why.
I moved the history tree blue line all the way up to the first sketch and extrusion, then moved it back down to the last operation. Then I applied the fillets and incredibly, they worked!

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Sometimes the order in the fillet command works, sometimes it needs multiple commands. Each model becomes an adventure! :D I think it comes down to internal floating point calculation differences. o_O

Editing can cause changes in the internal face/edge/point tables. Moving the dogbone to the top and back again causes a full recalculation and somehow, sometimes, that can make all the difference.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You can try turning off the feature preview with the icon in the bottom left of the dialog. That preview can change edge names prematurely.