What's new

When will Alibre Xpress be v9 compatable?

moyesboy

Alibre Super User
When will Alibre Xpress be v9 compatable?

When will the alibre Xpress, currently v8.2 become v9 so it can once again be used as a viewer/editor of std Alibre files?
or is xpress going to be orphaned at v8.2?

demarchi

I installed the V9 on a spare computer, and it started as express. I was able to open the kitchen model I submitted for the contest and take the snapshots. The assy is configuration heavy, but it worked smoothly.
If you need an official support it is another matter.

alexfranke

I heard from the folks at Alibre that they do intend to migrate Xpress users to 9.0 at some point, but that the specific date has not yet been determined. I don't think they're planning on orphaning Xpress at 8.2...

-Alex

mub

Simple thing...
Deinstall the V8xx Expess, install V9SP1 while you're online and use the password / username you already have from the Expess registration. This way you should get a running V9SP1 express. :mrgreen:

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re:

mub said:
Simple thing...
Deinstall the V8xx Expess, install V9SP1 while you're online and use the password / username you already have from the Expess registration. This way you should get a running V9SP1 express. :mrgreen:

Can you confirm that if you have the Xpress pre100k version that it retains the pre100k "extras?"

mub

I've never heard about this pre100k version yet... :?
So, i'm afraid i can't confirm this statement.
I dont have an additional machine to try it - maybe you?

B.t.w: What are these extras?

indesign

Alibre Super User

The pre 100k is the same version as all the other Xpress users. It is only a different lisence that give more options to the user. Other Xpress users can buy these options.

I can try this in the next couple of hours on the other computer here that has the Xpress pre-100k lisence. I will record the lisence and uninstall the Xpress then install version 9 and apply the Xpress lisence.

Be back when it's done.

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

Yes, if you have the v9 install and apply your express account login when you install it, then you end up with v9 express. So that establishes that alibre must intend to release express as version 9, but they have not done so officially.
I guess they might after the xpress design contest is complete (for the remarkably small number of people who are interested, most of whom seem to be only interested in "dirt bike stands"! :lol: ).

However unless you do an alibre trial, or have an alibre full licence, you don't have the v9 intall file. You get the v8.2 install file instead at the moment.

So if you want to send your design to someone outside the Alibre community, you should be abvle to say , download and install ADX and you can open the assembly/drg/part. But currently it won't open your v9 file which is a pity.

indesign

Alibre Super User

Not only did it install with the version 9 it automatically found the correct lisence for the xpress.