What's new

When...!?

GIOV

Alibre Super User
When are we going to get fully constrained Offset geometry with an editable dimension so any change in the offset is easier to make?
HaroldL: That's a very good idea. I remember asking about it some time ago.

drbris

It would also be great if we could chain select and/or window select and change to reference geomtry in one swell foop instead of a tedious process of selecting each one and converting one at a time at a time at a time at a time at a time at a time................
I mean even Bobcad can chain select

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Short of chain select you can Shift/Select them to add them to a group to make the change to Reference geometry via the icon in the References section of the Sketch ribbon or the menu Sketch>Convert Figure Types. Window select is also possible but depending on the size and complexity of the sketch you're trying to select you may need to Shift/Select to add to the window selected group. It an be a bit cumbersome to get used to for sure but it is possible. Chain would make it a whole lot easier for sure.

Have you seen the sketch training videos?

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
v26 is primarily 2D drawing stuff. Alignment by leaders is included in this.
@Max, I know I've submitted a few enhancement requests related to 2D drawings, especially dimensions and text. Glad to hear that drawings are being addressed and I wait with anticipation to see how this update turns out.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. However this is a huge project. In 26 the ribbon, toolbars, menu, and design explorers will be converted. Dialogs are not yet converted.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Max,
I am a fan of the old ADV10 or 11 toolbars that were simple and blue (Also the home). It gave me a nice feeling of lucidity by adding the horizontal toolbar that allowed me to edit a sketch without the Part shutting down, so it updating instantly.

thomasqm

v26 is primarily 2D drawing stuff. Alignment by leaders is included in this.
That’s great! Are we going to get a glimpse of what’s planned? I usually check the “mrenew” page (sorrry, links don’t work) but there is nothing new yet.

Lukin

I like to read about planned news and improvements to the drawings.

Because I know many people who have left competitive software (at a similar price level), just because of the poor drawing tools. Or just because of a non-permanent software license.

Even though other manufacturing documents are important today, the drawing is still a very important element (because of the various tolerances, surface finish of parts and other information). Even when reclaiming a badly manufactured part, many people use the drawing as the main and first document to show that something is wrong with the manufactured part.

I think when Alibre developers actualize the drawing module to make creating drawings more user friendly and faster, it will be a big step forward.

Then if they can solve the memory leak for large assemblies and complex sketches (I always try to make them simpler, unfortunately sometimes it's not quite easy). I think these two steps could move this software very high.

Thanks to the development team and management for the good work and visible improvements.