What's new

Where's the macros?

jhatfield

Where's the macros?

Is it me or what? I find myself, especially when in the drawing module, clicking the mouse way too many times to get through the UI to where I need to go, make a selection, and return. I would sure like to see a better UI or better still, let me create my own with Macros. Make it so that I can assign a short cut key to a macro I've created, and/or put it on the tools bar.

Will the alleged API in 8.0 allow me to accomplish this without being a graduate in computer science?

My wrist will thank you

John

swertel

Alibre Super User

v8 is going to have an API, as you are probably aware. Details have not yet been released as to whether or not that API supports a macro recorder, the programming language, or other API features. We'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, if your wrist is seriously hurting, have you tried a trackball instead?

jhatfield

I used to use a trackball. It's been about 3 years ago, although I wasn't doing real work then, I was a manager. Had forgotten about the track ball and I'll have to give that a try.

But there's another isssue, regarding recording Macros. It has to do with time. I've been doing some work recently that calls for me to have to prepend Ø to a dimension. Takes way too many clicks to get it there. That's just an example of the "too many clicks" I spoke of in my earlier posting. For me time is money.

Oh well . . . Just have to wait for 8

John

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I have to agree the UI needs some work. I am really hoping that The API will allow me to simplify many things. One of my biggest pet peeves with 2D is that I can not force a diameter dimensions, I am stcuk with changing the text when given a radial diamension. Sounds like the same thing you are facing.

Can an Alibre person please gives us a hint as to the extent of the API?