What's new

Whilest rendering no preview

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
When I setup Keyshot to render a part I get this screen.
This happens also to the main view/screen
Keyshot9 blackscreen.png
any suggestions.

Berdien

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The model opened fine on my machine although it took a few seconds for the preview to show. It was just a black screen until then.

Is this the first model that you've had this problem with?
Are you sending the model to KeyShot from within Alibre or do you save a bip file and open that file outside of Alibre?
Do you have any other programs running when you start to render? They may be using more memory than KeyShot needs.

You could try rendering in the background to see if that makes s difference.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I've noticed quite a few issues with rendering in Keyshot since they added GPU rendering. The render engine doesn't render the same progressive way it used to prior to 9.x!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I don't know how it operates in KeyShot for Alibre but in the full version KeyShot will (supposed to) only recognize a valid graphics card before giving you the option to use GPU rendering.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I don't know how it operates in KeyShot for Alibre but in the full version KeyShot will (supposed to) only recognize a valid graphics card before giving you the option to use GPU rendering.
I suspect the process of adding GPU rendering (whether available or not on any given PC) has changed the core way in which renders are processed, so it affects non-gpu rendering too. I tried the same test on 8.2 and the non-gpu render doesn't black out the screen and renders in a progressive spiral inwards. The 9.x render has the momentary (or longer!) black screen and the render is progressive as it is in the Keyshot model window! So, something fundamental has changed ... for the worst!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
From what I've read over on the KeyShot web site and forum, the CPU rendering algorithm has not changed. The GPU rendering algorithm is completely different. KeyShot supposedly checks your system for a suitable graphics card and, it one is found, make the option to use GPU rendering available.

I haven't noticed any change in my KeyShot Pro install acting any differently with the dual mode rendering option, but then my laptop doesn't have a preferred GPU.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Googling "keyshot rendering black screen" brings up quite a few similar experiences (going back over a number of years!) with regards black screens from a few seconds to the entire render, not read through all the results, but its well worth doing the search and reading a few to see if anything helps.

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
Allready done that before asking but wil have another look at it.
Attached a video showing what goin on .

Mareike

Attachments

• KS12720 Keyshot.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 5

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
Hi all,
Problem is solved.
It works now perfect.
This problem occured after my admin installed a video conference program due Covid regulations.
After removing thjis software Keyshot works fine.

Mareike