What's new

Why can this not be constrained

tre4b

Okay My shape is leaking and it is because these two components will not link together, but I don't understand why.

The horizontal line will move up and down and the point on it will slide as far right or left as you wish. The radius of the red curve is restrained but the point can be moved anywhere within that. I just don't get why I cannot make the two points coincident. It must be something I am doing but I keep trying to solve it by doing the same thing over and over! Any ideas for what I am doing wrong?

1718979407900.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Difficult to say without access to the file.

One possibility is that the sketch has some corruption, so the constraint solver can't cope. Does it help if you delete and then re-create one or other figure?

Which order do you click on the points when trying to apply the co-incident?

tre4b

I just did the sketch check and it has two issues apart from the open loop. I got it to Fix both of those and now the points will accept the coincident join! So it was an error in my drawing I just was not seeing. Thank you for helping and getting me to run the sketch checker. Something I will try to remember to do in future before posting whatever the issue is. :)

Difficult to say without access to the file.

One possibility is that the sketch has some corruption, so the constraint solver can't cope. Does it help if you delete and then re-create one or other figure?

Which order do you click on the points when trying to apply the co-incident?