What's new

Why Wont my Text Box work now?

tellam1

Hi All,

i currently have alibre set up to draw precast concrete products for my company. excuse me for my terminology and how i describe the below but its the only way i can hopefull get across to you what is wrong....Good luck,

i have gone to finalise a drawing on the one were you have a white background with the template for drawn by: and scale etc etc. normally on the left hand toolbar there is a blue note pad you can click on and a text box will appear and you can add arrows change font and size.

so i was using this one day and i made a note then not 5 minutes later i clicked on the note pad and now the little text box does not appear!

is it possible i have minimised it somehow? or is there a reset key?

PLEASE HELP!!

Regards

Jason :D

Hop

I am having a little bit of trouble trying to figure out exactly what you are doing and where your problem lies.

Please examine the attached screen shot of an E-size blank drawing with the note pad window opened. Note that the text in the window is much larger than the text on the drawing because the scale of the drawing is 1:1 for E-size prints. Perhaps your text is similarly mis-scaled for the drawing size you are using.

It might help if you were to upload the Alibre drawing file that is giving you problems.

Hop

Attachments

• Alibre Test Drawing.jpg
    Alibre Test Drawing.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 260

tellam1

Hi Hop,

So i have attached a copy of a worksheet.

What is happening is the program is no longer allowing me to use the blue note pad. So when i click on it usually a text box appears however now nothing appears and i cant creat notes...

Cheers

jason

Attachments

• 12mm Riser Complete.AD_DRW
    471 KB · Views: 15

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Jason,

Your Alibre Version ist V10?

Do you mean the "Note" dialog window?

Attachments

• Note-1.png
    Note-1.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 16

Hop

Okay, I imported your drawing and added three lines of notes, but I am using Alibre Design 2012, so you may not be able to open the modified file that I saved. But I am including it "just in case" along with a PDF copy of the modified file.

Is your problem the fact that you can no longer add these kinds of notes? If so, there may be a problem with your version of Alibre Design, or there may be a problem with your drawing file. Try to create a NEW drawing file from you original assembly or part file and see if you can add notes to that. If the problem still occurs, try re-installing Alibre Design.

If neither of these suggestions work, please wait for further suggestions in this forum. There are others here, much more knowledgable than I am, who might jump in and solve your problem. Be patient. It is the Holiday season in most of the western hemisphere and Europe. Many Alibre users visit the Forums less often during this season.

Hop

Attachments

• 12mm Riser Complete.AD [with notes]_DRW.AD_DRW
    627.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 12mm Riser Complete.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 13

tellam1

Hi Hop,

thanks for your help mate ill keep trying...

Ralf in regards to your questin yes it is the note dialog box....

regards

Jason

bbrown09211

I am having the same problem. Did you figure out how to fix it?
I opening an existing drawing and can not create or edit with the Note box. The note box doesn't appear on the screen at all.

yelesin

Just today started to have the same problem. I stared to make notes on the drawing and it worked fine. In the middle of the process the dialog box disappered I couldn't bring it back. I reinstalled Alibre 2012, rebooted computer. Stared just Alibre and created new drawing with different template. No, notes do not work. I have absolutely no idea why. Anybody else?