What's new

wierd points???

A

Anonymous

wierd points???

I am using Alibre today to create a 3D plumbing layout. After inserting a new part in the assembly to create a pipe run between valves and then inserting points to reference for my 3D sketch a wierd thing happens. My point does not appear where it should. It appears far from the geometry where I actually placed it. I can still use this point to reference a 3d line from but I have to move the cursor over the far out point. Funny thing is that the line I am drawing still knows to start from the place I originally placed the point. This is more of a nuisance than a hinderance.[/url]

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hi there,

The other day, I tried to model a cosmetic cable coming out of a sensor using a 3d sketch. I did this using a 3 spline for a sweep path. As a good mexican, I didn't read the instructions first, just jumped in the 3d scketch tool and placed points for my spline.

The truth is that after a lot of monkying around I could "more or less" get the spline to be the way I wanted, not totally, because I was never able to resolve just what you describe.

I'm sure the medicine for both of us is to go through the 3d scketch tutorial. It was added to the tutorials section in the home screen :D

A

Anonymous

I did go throught the tutorial. What I am describing is a bug similar to the one that showed up earlier where sketches were not located on the surface selected.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

I see.

I thought you hadn't seen the tutorial becuase I missed it until someone (Scott?) pointed it it out at some other post