What's new

Will the GeForce 4060 graphics card make a difference

laverne3ca

I'm planning on upgrading my PC, it will be a 13th generation i7 with 32Gb of ram and a new 1Tb SSD plus my older drives for storage, will the 4060 make a noticeable difference and where will I see it? Which model/manufacturer is best? Without an unlimited budget, which graphics card is better for a similar price? Any opinions would be appreciated.

LaVerne

laverne3ca

Will it change speed, on the existing pc, as the files get larger it slows down, will the upgrade of the PC alone make enough of a difference that the addition of the graphics card won't make much of a difference?
I find the quality pretty good as it is, but with no reference to systems with high end graphics cards, will it make a difference on graphics quality?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Graphics card will help with display responsiveness, smoothness of movement.

The card doesn't do any of the calculations for the modelling, just for the display.

One thing that a higher spec graphics card will bring - it will have a large amount of dedicated memory so doesn't have to 'steal' system RAM.

A low spec (integrated) graphics adapter, particularly if total RAM isn't very high, can lead to the software pretty much stalling or even in extremes to a crash.

See the 'more on video cards' on page https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-software-requirements/

Last edited:

laverne3ca

My question remains - what graphics adapter is your benchmark ?
My existing system had only the graphics that was integrated on the motherboard. Much of the reason for asking is that the requirements suggest Directx 11 minimum. As I understand it, that includes pretty much everything but I wanted to know where the graphics card I was asking about would make a difference, I think you answered that in that if the new system is slower than I like, upgrade, something I can do later.

Last edited: