What's new

Wizards

fiddler

Wizards

It seems to me that a sort of wizard help system that would guide you thru some of the repetitive but still quite complex tasks would be beneficial.
This could be especially helpful for users who are not using AD every day, i.e. myself.

Any comments on this ?

Kim

:roll:

rbrian

Wizard help

Hi Kim, Yes - that is just about exactly the reason I created the additional tutorials and made them available to everybody!

Well - actually - it was because the existing tutorials touch briefly on a particular function, or feature, just introducing it - without giving you enough practice to remember it well!

My next two tutorials will be on the Helix - one of those little confusing guys. There will also be in the first a refresher for Revolve Boss & Cut, Extrude Boss, Project to Sketch, and more! Robert.

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re: Wizards

fiddler said:
It seems to me that a sort of wizard help system that would guide you thru some of the repetitive but still quite complex tasks would be beneficial.
This could be especially helpful for users who are not using AD every day, i.e. myself.

Any comments on this ?

Kim

:roll:

That could quite easily be achieved when the API arrives. Instead of static tutorials, we could have interactive ones :) I made a few of those ones upon a time in SolidWorks and it should be practically the same procedure in Alibre...

fiddler

I don't know if any of you have used Plate N Sheet from this outfit

http://www.rlcad.com.au/

It makes sheet metal a breeze.
There is a download available.
But something along those lines would,IMHO, significantly enhance AD.

If the API allows for bitmaps to be displayed along with the user input box, I guess we are nearly there.

Btw, latest update from AD with regards to the API, is still early November, acording to their email today.

Cheers
Kim

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re:

fiddler said:
I don't know if any of you have used Plate N Sheet from this outfit

http://www.rlcad.com.au/

It makes sheet metal a breeze.
There is a download available.
But something along those lines would,IMHO, significantly enhance AD.

If the API allows for bitmaps to be displayed along with the user input box, I guess we are nearly there.

Btw, latest update from AD with regards to the API, is still early November, acording to their email today.

Cheers
Kim

The API is invoked from Visual Basic, so you could do whatever GUI you desire to drive your models...