What's new

Working with configurations

Hello everyone!

I have a questions about using Configurations with Global Parameters. (I tried looking at the help website but its down at the moment)

For some context I've created a bookshelf; all parts and features within the design have been created from values and formulas based on my Global Parameters file (config<1>). I was hoping to create a (config<4>) within my global parameter file so I can create a variation of the design with its own default values to avoid having to constantly change the values in (config<1>). The issue I'm running into now is once I create my (config<4>) variation in Global Parameters I can't seem to apply it to my design easily. Switching my Assembly's Configuration from (config<1>) to (config<4>) does seemingly nothing. I've continued by opened each part of the assembly and switching the Global Parameters which seems to update the part's sizing but is quite laborious and time consuming if many parts need to be switched. Lastly I've found even after manually switching the Global Parameters for each part my Array feature at the Assembly level isn't updating...

Original Configuration:
a1.PNG

New Configuration (All parts and assembly reference config<4>)
a2.PNG

I've attached a ZIP containing my working files if its helpful. I'm assuming the problem is with my workflow but I don't know what to do differently. Thanks for reading my post. I'm always grateful for any help or advice!

Attachments

• PaperStorage.zip
    102 KB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
When uploading assembly files to the forum or to others for review/usage it it best to send them as Package files.
With the top level assembly or drawing open select File (menu or ribbon) then select Package>Create. All necessary files will be collected into the Package file which can then be uploaded.
package.png