What's new

zero-zero in drawing format

DHudson

is there a 0,0 location in the drawing sketch format? ie: can i place a point at 0,0?, or are all sketch items relative.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Does this help?

With Sketch on Sheet active this is what I get.
0-0.jpg

Are you going to transfer the sketch to a part sketch or use the 2D drawing for your design?

DHudson

I am using the sketch to create a section that I copy into a section properties program. The centroid locations seem to be coming from some point not on the section? I am assuming the drawing format has something to do with this. All the other properties are OK.

DesignTime

Administrator
Staff member
I am using the sketch to create a section that I copy into a section properties program. The centroid locations seem to be coming from some point not on the section? I am assuming the drawing format has something to do with this. All the other properties are OK.
Hi David, can you offer more specifics on what you mean by "The centroid locations seem to be coming from some point not on the section?".

DHudson

I am starting to be suspicious of the properties program - when looking at a simple 2 by 4 rectangle , the locations of the centroid don't match calculations from "hand" calculations. So, let's not spend any more time on that question - thanks to all who tried to help me!

Still, is it possible to locate a point from 0,0 on a drawing sheet?