What's new

Search results

1. JASII

getting an svg to import correct size

Great! I mentioned InkScape primarily because it is freeware. CorelDraw, while a paid license, is an excellent tool to complement a CAD/CAM suite. I have used it since 1992 when we ported it to OS/2, along with Aldus PageMaker and Display PostScript, for Desktop Publishing purposes. So many...
  2. JASII

You also might trying to load it into Inkscape which will show you the true 'workspace'. If large, you can crop out the whitespace via File-Document Properties. I can try with it if you can attach the svg in native form, non-compressed.
  3. JASII

I can only speak to the svg html line you posted. A lot of the issues in importing svg's are related to the source of the svg itself. The viewBox numbers are the key. Based on the first two numbers (x/y coordinates), with a 0,0 offset import, your svg file should be placed 33... units to the...
  4. JASII

Global Parameters in Atom3D

With all due respect, this Forum section is " Alibre Design and General Topics" and I think the OP was correct in posting here as there are no separate sections for Atom 3D, Pro nor Expert (which I would be all in favor of !!!) Therefore, we are relegated to discuss Alibre's entire suite of CAD...
  5. JASII

I, too, am coming from Fusion environment to design, in my case, multi-part objects for a 5 tool 3D Printer. Each part being a different color component of a single object. So this may work for you as I believe you are designing multiple components' related to each other that you want to print...
  6. JASII

Heeeelp ! New user - Sketch versus 3D auto view change not happening

Your approach to learning is sound. I was in your boat back in the '80's, using native PostScript to draw CAD-like graphics for use in Desktop Publishing apps. I learned the hard way that one should follow whatever tutorials/guides that are provided rather than just wing-it and see what it does...
  7. JASII

Heeeelp ! New user - Sketch versus 3D auto view change not happening

Also an Atom3D newbie but decades of CAD usage. Looks like the setting "Snap to working plane" somehow got turned off. Go to System Options - Parts/Assemblies - Sketching and make sure it is checked. That is the core to most of your issues right now as I see it.
  8. JASII

Amount of Ram?

For Windows users, as a baseline, you can open the Task Manager alongside Alibre and try to find your bottleneck. Just start working and watch the numbers/graphs. As previously mentioned the complexity of your model(s) will dictate alot. Possible bottlenecks are: - CPU/chipset - Dedicated System...
  9. JASII

... and hence my dilemma as I evaluate the Atom 3D trial. I am a hobbyist (retired IBM '78-'09) with 'power user' mentality looking only to produce unique personal household items (sample pics attached). No W4/SE income (will mess up my taxes :-). My perspective: Once you have had a taste of WIN...
  10. JASII

Alibre Atom - Center Point Rectangle

As possible closure to this thread, I am currently going through the Alibre 'Compare' list to make sure that what I am using is what I will get. So far so good re: Import/Export formats, Text on a planar surface (not curved), etc. Also came across an Alibre Atom3D 'Manual' which seems true to...
  11. JASII

Fantastic! Thank you!
  12. JASII

That is the same as my menu bar. The tools we are talking about are those on the pop-up dialog. So my question re: your licensed version is what do you see when you: 1) Open a sketch 2) Have the 'SELECT' tool highlighted 3) Left click on workspace 4) Hover over 'Sketch Tools' and click on...
  13. JASII

I am currently using the Alibre Atom3D Trial program and have access to all of the Rectangle and Arc variants such as Center Rectangle. I hope this, and all other functions I am using, will be in Atom3D if I decide to purchase and that this is not a teaser for Pro :cool: