• 128 Gb

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 256 Gb or higher

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

TwinStar

Just out of curiosity, what was your problem with setting the High Performance GPU

You have to go into the settings and browse through the computer and 'find' Alibre and then add it to the graphics side so that you can edit the graphics. I can't put into words how much I hate PC's but it is what it is. The lack of Mac support is the singular complaint that I have for Alibre. Hopefully by the time my new PC is in need of replacement Alibre will be supported on Macs.

TwinStar

VERY nice!
Very fast single core speed. Should run all CAD stuff very quickly.
Photo & video rendering too with all those cores being used.

View attachment 40296

Jim

So far it's blazing fast with no lag. I'm currently modeling a heavyweight passenger car with hundreds, if not thousands, or rivets on it. My old PC was lagging so bad that I quite working on the file. This one certainly appears to be up to the task and once I'm in Alibre I'm enjoying myself again.

JimCad

Worth every penny.
I remember in around 2010 I was working on Inventor, creating sewage plant on early xeon based systems and the files were so large that if I touched the model it would take an hour to update.
Drove me crazy !
Modern CPUs are so much better.
Sounds like you have a flying machine there.
Jim

aptivaboy

Currently using a Ryzen system with 64 gigs of RAM, but that's overkill. Realistically, a good cpu and 16/32 gigs should be just fine.

JASII

For Windows users, as a baseline, you can open the Task Manager alongside Alibre and try to find your bottleneck. Just start working and watch the numbers/graphs. As previously mentioned the complexity of your model(s) will dictate alot. Possible bottlenecks are:
- CPU/chipset
- Dedicated System Memory
- Integrated GPU in CPU w/shared memory
- Dedicated GPU w/dedicated memory
- Disk media (SATA/SSD, NVMe, etc.)
- The physical Display

You can then 'tune' the system accordingly (SW Settings/HW Upgrades). In my case, I disabled the Integrated GPU to insure that the dedicated GPU (which costs more than all of the other components combined) was being utilized. Hope this helps, a bit...

( Note: The pic shows low utilization of everything as I am just taking a screen capture)

Attachments

• AribaQuadDisplay.jpg
    AribaQuadDisplay.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 24