What's new

Are there previous versions of Joint creator?

Trying Joint creator, and some other scripts, I get the message "Please upgrade your copy of Alibre Design to use this script". Are there older versions of the script that worked with older versions?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Just post your version info and either link to or attach the script you are attempting to run and someone here can probably fix it up to work for you.

The version I'm using is:
Alibre Design™ Professional
Version: 2018.1.1 64-bit [Build 19055]
The script I'm trying is the Joint Creator example script described here:

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
I have Alibre Design 2018 19.2.0.19071 and joint creator and most of the examples are not included with the install.

Alibre Script Library\Examples Folder -
Code:
Pattern Along.py
STL Exporter.py
NormalDeviation.jpg
MaxCellSize.jpg
SurfaceDeviation.jpg
PatternAlong.png
File Copier.py
Part Exporter.py
Equation Sketcher.py
EquationSketcher.png
Sketch Copier.py
SketchCopier.png
Gear Generator.py
GearGenerator.png

There is likely missing APIs in versions before 2019 based on the version handling code.

https://github.com/Testbed-for-Alibre-Design/alibre-script-library-examples/blob/cdeb2e81ab649d3c57cf9f16aa61f77ae6dfdd29/Woodworking/Joint Creator.py#L2

If the version message is in a script that means that script requires Alibre V2019 (or any version shown) or greater. The help starts at v23.

Maybe it can still work in your version but you'll need to know which APIs are missing.

I searched for AlibreScriptVersion and only two scripts appear to be affected.

1708229493723.png

Edit:
Based on how Alibre is versioned I think V23 and above is required for those scripts to work, but I'm not sure.

Last edited: