What's new

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

JerryB

I have a 2D drawing containing a part which has the corners filleted. I wish to extand the lines to the corner which was removed so I can dimension the pre-cut part size. So I'm activating a 2D Sketch, but then I can no longer select the edges to be extended. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

JerryB

Wow! That is really easy once you know the process (I won't tell you how long I played around to no avail)..
Thank you so much.
I'm really starting to like Alibre, a lot.

JimCad

What would be really nice is if Alibre would implement a method similar to SolidWorks to create virtual sharps from within the Dimension tool.

View attachment 41587

Inventor also has a similar method.

Yes but if you don't select them in the correct order it seems that it doesn't work so you try and try again & again & again & again & . . . . . . . . . . .
I've not used the Alibre method yet but can see that having the separate button also makes a lot of sense.

Jim

BigKahunaFL

I just want a way to resize the mark. I currently use the star (which I don't care for (is it even a standard?)). I prefer the extended lines, but they shouldn't touch the part edges. There should be a gap just like dimensions.