What's new

Our first DDoS attack

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Today we had our first DDoS attack on alibre.com and, consequently, the forum. We were able to mitigate the issue, though our site was down for about 5 hours. The mitigation also prompted us to harden some other areas of our infrastructure, so hopefully future attacks will not be impactful.

jfnewman

Today we had our first DDoS attack on alibre.com and, consequently, the forum. We were able to mitigate the issue, though our site was down for about 5 hours. The mitigation also prompted us to harden some other areas of our infrastructure, so hopefully future attacks will not be impactful.
I first thought v28 website update. Glad you guys were able to get back control.

silver2row

There are some ssh issues too. Probably not directly related but I noticed some concern for issue on .xz files in Linux. So, it causes a backdoor in ssh which has been found because of the keys that were signed that someone cloned and used to get access.

Seth

P.S. It may be something similar. In any light, Godspeed. There are a lot of random trouble with online website(s) and clinging on by "hackers" without authority to improvise attacks. It just causes everyone harm. In particular, there was an issue with a Discord server, their main server (supposedly), and the entire bot was down. I erased all my chat servers within the discord that were not reacting well to my commands. Oops, they probably had some spoofing of sorts too.