What's new
Gato De Husillo.6.jpg
Ken226

Gato De Husillo.6.jpg

Another model from the T. Carreras Soto collection. Harold turned me onto these as practice projects, and they have been pretty challenging. This is a "Gato De Husillo", or Spindle Jack.
Ken, Looking Good. This is one of the first models I did from the Carreras Soto collection. He has some pretty challenging drawings to work from, especially when dimensions and views are missing.

In KeyShot, what lens zoom setting are you using? I generally set mine to 100 instead of the default 50. I seems to give a more natural look.

Thank you.

The transitions from the handle to the body were very challenging. I didn't get it perfect, but kinda close.

I don't even know what the lens setting is, but since you mentioned it I'm digging into it to experiment right now.

Ken, Looking Good. This is one of the first models I did from the Carreras Soto collection. He has some pretty challenging drawings to work from, especially when dimensions and views are missing.

In KeyShot, what lens zoom setting are you using? I generally set mine to 100 instead of the default 50. I seems to give a more natural look.

I've never touched these settings before. Here are what they are currently set at:

The one thing you should do is click on the Add Camera icon. That gives you a camera that you can lock once you get it set the way you want. Once locked the camera won't move if you bump the mouse before or while you're setting up the view.
You can have several cameras for different view points and switch between them. In your render settings you should be able to select them for rendering as separate images.

Try changing the Focal Length, it acts like a zoom on a DSLR camera. You should see a change in the appearance of the model. The default of 50 mm is supposed to imitate a standard 50 mm lens on a DSLR camera.

Depth of Field is fun to play with. you can pick a spot on the model that you want to focus the viewers attention on and adjust the focus on that spot or part.

When I was creating renders to be used in our catalog at my old work, I used Shift on every image. That straightens the vertical lines of the model. It was especially helpful for rendering out our enclosures.

Thanks for the info. I'll spend some time playing around with these settings today. Keyshot, even the CAD version, is proving to be quite capable.

Media information

Category
Machine Design
Added by
Ken226
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename