What's new

Recent content by Admiral_dk

1. A

Round holes become square holes

Thank you very much David - deleting the "User.NET.profile " file did the trick => the options are not greyed out anymore :-) Best wishes Per
  2. A

Thank you for your reply - though I must admit that I'm not any wiser now. Are you talking about the home window in Alibre - if so, I do not see any Utilities tab there. I should probably mention that I run Alibre Design Expert version 2017.1.2 64-bit (Build 18701) and if I go to File, System...
  3. A

The link to Geomagic does not help me as I'm using Alibre Design Expert - besides it ask what Geomagic program I want to download .... As I have exactly the same problem, I wonder about the file that should be deleted - filename .ext and if possible folder I should be looking for would be a...
  4. A

Different view in 2D drawing

Thank you very much Lew and Dennis. This is the solution I was looking for, but couldn't find the correct entry on how to :D Oh and by the way - the only poor sod, who's gonna do anything to it is me - but since I got a lousy memory (brain damage in traffic accident 20 years ago), I'll need...
  5. A

Thank you Lamar. I apparently didn't make myself clear - I got the 3D part just as it should be - no problem - the problem is the production drawing in 2D.
  6. A

Hi I've been constructing a tube in Geomagic Design that must be bend twice and that wasn't a problem. I first did two sketches, one of the end of the tube and one for the path and used the sweep command to create the first half. Then I created a new plane 20 degrees to the XY plane and did two...
  7. A

How to create two-stroke Schnürle ported cylinder

Sorry - I thought that I gave you guys more details that way .... The files are too big, so I arcived them as a .rar file - The port file is a Alibre file, so you can see all details and the assembly is a .stp file.
  8. A

How to create two-stroke Schnürle ported cylinder

Hi Thanks for the help so far from board members :) I thought that I ought to do a little payback and upload my best way to create Schnürle ported two-stroke cylinders in Alibre Design. This isn't the only way, but the way that I came closest to do it "right" and the porting isn't the...
  9. A

Sketch on a curved surface

Sorry - I just discovered that the "cylinder ports" that is Boolean Subtracted from the assembly isn't part of the exported assembly - don't know why - but here it is.
  10. A

Thank you for your replies. I should have included an example, so here it is. I'm not talking about the end of the ports in the cylinder sleewe, but the whole cylinder. Oldbelt - the optimal ports are not parralel to your YX-Plane, but should point 3-12 degrees upwards toward the cylinderhead...
  11. A

I bought Alibre Design and later the Pro version to design mostly engines and certain parts that are used with them, so it was a major bummer to discover that Alibre Design Pro didn't suport motion of gears (for camshafts etc.) :( (on a hobby budget) So I desided on trying to do some...
  12. A

How to force a 3D path onto a 2D plane ?

Thank you for your ansvers. :) The reason for my question was that my first attempts at Sweep Boss & Cut didn't work and the Alibre error message was that I needed to create a 3D path - a 2D path wouldn't do it .... :roll: After your replies I tried again with a 2D path and made very sure...
  13. A

How to force a 3D path onto a 2D plane ?

How do I force a 3D path to be drawn on a 2D plane - either XY, YZ, ZX or a custom plane ? Almost al 3D path that I would use to create a tube or a channel in an engine would follow a plane and it's a lot faster to draw a 2D sketch than a 3D one (it often places the reference points ad odd...
  14. A

Problems with sub-assemblies

Thanks Miles That was excatly what I missed - problem solved.
  15. A

Problems with sub-assemblies

I have a problem where a sub-assembly containing moving parts bekome nonmoving or partly nonmoving parts when used in the main assembly - what am I doing wrong ? I have two cases so far, one a tappet cam follower that moves fine as a sub-assembly but not at all in the engine main assembly -...