What's new

Recent content by Aeromod

1. A

Problem Lofting a Wingtip Leading Edge

Many thanks Oldbelt ! Just the sort of helpful response I was hoping for. In order to understand the full complexity of you your model, I started looking at your initial sketches (aerofoil sections), when I tried to save the model - without changes- lofts 31 and 32 failed. I suspect that my...
  2. A

I think I may have cracked it at last ! For my latest attempt I created a 3D sketch with just two initial points (start and finish) - both coincident with nodes on their respective 2D sketches. I then edited the 3D sketch to add additional nodes, then moved them to get the curve that I needed...
  3. A

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong here ? I am trying to model the leading edge of a model aircraft wingtip.the following test model works perfectly ............. However, I need to use the actual wing leading edge section as one 2D sketch. When I try to do so it fails - the error...
  4. A

Problem with Lofting.

Following advice from both DavdJ and ralf3 I have now attempted to loft cut the surface I need from the full wing section. Again, all the 2D sketches and the 3D sketch seem to be OK, but this time I've got a different error message ! I must confess I have no idea what this message means (Skin...
  5. A

Problem with Lofting.

Many thanks for your suggestions bemfarmer. I don't think the problem lies with the sharp point at the wing trailing edge - see the following trial loft.......... It rather looks to me as though the wing profile is just too complex to loft. I'm more than willing to be proved wrong though ! :?
  6. A

Problem with Lofting.

Had a second attempt this afternoon, following suggestions received. Still can't get the loft to work ! Guide curve is attached to all three sketches, no problems shown on the "Status" of any of them. But the loft will NOT work. I can't even get a loft without the guide curve. Must...
  7. A

Problem with Lofting.

Thanks David - as always some useful pointers on what could be wrong. My problem is that I get so bogged down, that I find it difficult to step back and think logically. I'll have another - more measured - attempt later today.
  8. A

Problem with Lofting.

:?: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this lofted surface ? The error message I get is "ADDTANG-PROBLEM: System Inconsistency Processing Surface tangency." I assume that it is related to the guide curve, but I don't know how...
  9. A

Parts Missing in Assembly Display.

This is an assembly of a model aero engine plus a propeller disc. I have included the above engine assy. as a sub-assembly in the model airframe plus engine installation. When I try to display the full assembly - the engine is shown, but NOT the propeller disc ! I need to see the propeller...
  10. A

Alibre import from "Moment of Inspiration" 3D Surface

Does anyone have experience of importing complex surface models from "Moment Of Inspiration" 3D software ? Export formats supported by MOI are : .3dm, .stl, .igs, and .sat I can't try it myself - since I haven't got an MOI licence - but it looks like an interesting addition. :?:
  11. A

How to Create An Aircraft Engine Cowl ?

In recognition of the help provided by members of the forum, I would like to post the latest model - of the cowl, rear cowl and fuselage; My particular thanks are due to ralf3 and DavidJ , plus Harald Muller for generously supplying aircraft data. This has been a steep learning curve for me...
  12. A

Thank you very much Ralf, for the details of the "mhm" website - I had not seen it before. I have sent them an email asking for help. Once again - many thanks !!! :D John
  13. A

Many thanks Ralf - by adding some more control points I corrected the curve reflex, and the loft was successful. I couldn't really understand what your first image was meant to mean. The second was quite clear. Can I ask how you discovered the basic problem ?
  14. A

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong on this draft ?
  15. A

OK - now we're really "cooking on gas" !!! This my last Lofting exercise - constructed using advice from davidJ and ralf3. I know it's not perfect, and it isn't the precise cowl that I need for the Beaver, but it only took me about two minutes to do, and worked like a dream.