What's new

Recent content by alexfranke

1. A

Does Alex Franke's Parameter Wizard work with AD v12?

BernardK -- any chance you had one of the files open at the time this error came up? I'm going to dive into this again this weekend, so any new comments or feedback is welcome!
  2. A

BernardK, I took another look at this tonight, and I wonder if you might still somehow be running the original version of the Parameter Wizard. Can you try uninstalling previous versions of the Parameter Wizard (with Add/Remove Programs), then re-installing by downloading and double-clicking the...
  3. A

Okay -- this looks like Alibre might have changed the way some values are referenced in v12. I might need to set up a v12 version of the application to correct this issue. Is it working for anyone yet on v11.2? :?: I'll see if I can get a v12 version set up this week.
  4. A

Of course my linux server has to go down right at the time I try to upload the correct installer! :shock: :roll: I put the correct installer here temporarily: [removed link] -- I'll put this up at codecreations.com and update the forum this evening, after server team gets things rolling...
  5. A

Yeah, I'm sorry guys -- it looks like I uploaded the wrong installer file. :oops: Let me see if I can fix it around lunchtime today.
  6. A

You all make me feel right at home again :) Okay -- I have this up and running on my machine, but it might not be running on all cylinders just yet. For those of you that want to try it out and report any bugs, please visit my support forum, where I've started a thread to work through this...
  7. A

LOL. Yeah, I wish! But I'm sure I'll be around for a long time -- great group of folks here! :) I did notice a suspicious drop in registrations right around the time the new version came out. Hmmm... ;) The Text Import was the most popular application by far. I'll have to put up some new...
  8. A

I'm still here, guys. :) Just been pretty busy with a bunch of other stuff lately. I think the Parameter Wizard might be getting a little more attention now that the Text Wizard is practially obsolete. Just the week I started working on getting it up to date so that it works on v12. If any...
  9. A

Point Import Wizard

Hi again, GPC. b-splines are currently added using control points with the Point Import Wizard. As I recall, the Alibre Design API did not support adding curves using points on the curve, which requires interpolation. I'll check on this again to see if there's any new functionality here...
  10. A

import x,y,z-data and make smooth object

Here's a link to my "gizmo" for this thread, too ;) http://www.codecreations.com/site/alibr ... ort-wizard and a tutorial is here: http://www.codecreations.com/site/alibr ... ard-how-to (Note though, that the screen shots are from a previous version. Most of the concepts are the same, though...
  11. A

Interesting Observation about Alibre use of Resources.

Is the assembly file still open, or are they still around when the assembly file is closed? I know that AD does load into memory all the parts in the assembly when the assembly is open. Editing a part will probably just show it and closing it will probably just hide it again.
  12. A

Parameter App - Powerful push/pull params across multi files

Three new video tutorials now available for this application. They're all available here: Parameter Wizard Video Tutorials (scroll to tutorials) Part 1: Introduction and Parameter Sources (WMV, 9:57, 30MB) - Introduction; downloading; overview of GUI; global versus project sources; adding...
  13. A

Aumotate building a ladder with differnt number of rungs

I've just completed three video tutorials on the Parameter Wizard. They're all available here: Parameter Wizard Video Tutorials Part 1: Introduction and Parameter Sources (WMV, 9:57, 30MB) - Introduction; downloading; overview of GUI; global versus project sources; adding Alibre Design...
  14. A

Interesting Observation about Alibre use of Resources.

You know what -- I just tried to reproduce it and I couldn't. :roll: Hmmm.... With an assembly open, the API will show you all of the parts that make it up -- that makes sense -- but I can't reproduce the "phantom" parts outside of that scenario now at all. I know I've seen it though...
  15. A

Disappearing Dialog Boxes

Re: I guess I should stop trying to get Vista to run on my TRS-80, then, shouldn't I? (sigh!)