What's new

Recent content by auburncad

1. A

Alibre Script - script requests

Its not that simple compared to other CAD software, such as Fusion360, that make it very easy to implement as a simple feature tool. I think it would be a plus for Alibre all around. If Alibre is to compete with modern CAD, it needs to inovate as well.
  2. A

Alibre Script - script requests

Hope to have as a feature one day, but modeled threads, internal and external. Especially handy when 3D printing certain prototypes....:)
  3. A

List Of 3D Printing Slicers

I'm not an expert on 3D printing. I find it a bit of an art form and frustrating at times to get a good print on small parts. For me, it was well worth having the control. It's only $150-considering what this software does, it is a good bargin.
  4. A

2018 is live

Yes, it went away after reboot and everything seems fine. thanks. Running Win 10 Pro, AMD graphics on desktop
  5. A

2018 is live

I got the following error when hitting the render button: at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.handleErrorCode(ADToKSErrorConstant errorCode) at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.render(String sessionID) at com.alibre.design.app.KeyShotRenderCommand.execute() I reinstalled...
  6. A

Mouse for Alibre

I use a Logitech trackball along with a wireless 3D connexion spacemouse. Works great. Saves my wrists. The space mouse is worth every penny. Very high quality product.
  7. A

List Of 3D Printing Slicers

Started with Cura. I now use Simplify 3d-lots of control. Well worth the money. I'm using a MakerGear m2 printer which I like as well.
  8. A

What's everyone favorite 3D printer

I have a MakerGear M2-very nice rock-solid printer. I print mostly ABS right now. It prints TPU really well. I have also printed some PETG a while back with good results--and of course some PLA. On the list soon, some Carbon-ABS. I use Simplify3D for the slicer and machine control.
  9. A

How do you want releases?

Small releases for most of the reasons already given. Feeling that you are active in the development will be good for everyone and good for business too. I left Alibre for Fusion360 during the "evil time" and then came back to Alibre. I love Alibre, but I do think the Fusion people are doing a...
  10. A

export STL file, Dimension problems

I have been exporting to stl and 3D printing via Simplify 3D for a couple weeks now. It seems be working well for me. I only get that kind of message when I screw the units up. The only problem I had with the stl export is when I broke it by putting a zero in the max allowed angle under the...
  11. A

3Dconnexion CADmouse Definitions for Alibre Design 2017?

I don't know how to do that--might be handy. I just used the custom macros in setup to map buttons. They seem to be application specific.
  12. A

2017.1 Soft launch is live

Alibre 2017.1 *Win 10 Pro *2d drawing zoom Pan works fine for me using a Logitech M570 trackball. *My 3Dconnexion 3D-mouse works better too. The part would float around sometimes on its own and I would have to restart the mouse. I have not seen that problem return yet.....
  13. A

Can you fillet the edge of an extruded spline shape ?

Just messing around I smoothed the spline curve into more of an egg shape and I was able to get a larger radius, but not like in fusion. When I tried going larger I got the error: BL_UNFIN_SHEET: unable to complete sheet - blend may be too big.
  14. A

Thanks, I tried it on the same shape I was able to fillet in Fusion360, the first image seen above. I get this error when I try and go with a larger radius: ABL_CAP_COMPLEX: Situation detected too complex for capping. Maybe just not possible in Alibre yet?
  15. A

Can you fillet the edge of an extruded spline shape in Alibre aggressively. Here is a simple example that was done in another program and imported into Alibre. I tried this in Alibre with no success. I was able to get a smaller radius fillet in Alibre.