What's new

Recent content by Auspex

1. A

Where did layers go in Ver 9??

I just noticed this as well. I would like to have configurations, and was disappointed to learn that they were not included in Alibre Design, but thought I could manage with the layers.....now what to do?
  2. A

V9 DXF export???

When I export to dxf or dwg it blows my dimensions all over the place. Even inverts a lot of them? This is a new problem with V9 that did not encounter with 8.2
  3. A

Antivirus/Firewall---what do you recommend?

In my experience NOD32 is the best Antivirus performer using the least amount of rescources. Norton is a rescource HOG.
  4. A

Shortcut Key for Wireframe/Solid

Thanks! I knew it existed somewhere. I was looking at the shortcuts by browsing through the menus and it wasn't shown. It's a super handy shortcut.
  5. A

Shortcut Key for Wireframe/Solid

Shortcut Key for Wireframe/Solid Hello, I reinstalled the drivers for my Spaceball and lost all the settings for the buttons. I have them all set back to the shortcuts I like except for the shortcut to switch between Wireframe and Solide view. I need to know the...
  6. A

Display problem 8.2

Contact Alibre support they have a dll bug fix that takes care of these issues!
  7. A

Display Software Emulation in 8.2?

Re: The flickering problem that occurs with the auto hide start bar on is now resolved with the dll that cclark440 was referring to. :)
  8. A

The new driver fixes all the problems I listed except for the crashes that occur during drawing when the auto hide start bar is on.
  9. A

Auto-Constrain Bug?

Auto-Constrain Bug? Hello, Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. If you use the toolbar shortcut to activate auto-constrain, it works as it should. If you use, the hotkey shortcut (crtl+shft+c) to enable the autoconstrain you lose the...
  10. A

Problem w/ Spaceball CAD Controller

Problem w/ Spaceball CAD Controller Hello, Anyone here using a Spaceball Cad Controller? For some reason, when I rotate with the Spaceball it rotates from the origin despite having the rotation point set for the center of volume. The mouse rotates the model as it...
  11. A

I periodically experience the screen artifacts in drawing mode. I have also seen the fuzzy part like clarke440 is experiencing with a .sat file that we have here. As mentioned in a previous thread, I am still experiencing the behavior where my machine will crash in drawing mode if I have the...
  12. A

Display problem 8.2

I have been experiencing the same problem since the upgrade with a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, but only in drawing mode. Maximize the screen and it flips out and crashes the whole pc. I have been trying to get tech support to return my calls since Thursday on the matter..... I owe you a big thank...
  13. A

Accuracy

I can't imagine you needing any greater accuracy than 6 places for most units..... even in meters its tough to imagine a computer numeric controlled machine tool requiring sub micron accuracy. If you set the units to 6 places past a millimeter, you have nanometer level accuracy.....is this...
  14. A

Equation Editor problems

I modeled a some time back if it helps. It models a gear using only the equation editor using the pitch diameter, number of teeth, ID, and pressure angle as inputs. It is in metric though......So you'll have to calculate the number of teeth and pitch diameter based on what mod or diametral...
  15. A

Parametric Gear

Parametric Gear Siggy had some questions in a thread concerning modeling a gear in the equation editor. Here you go.