What's new

Recent content by barryhc

1. B

Aumotate building a ladder with differnt number of rungs

Re: Jordan, I might be able to use Mr. Franke's paramater wizard, if only I could find out what it does. Alex was working on spreadsheet design, etc. over a year ago, and it looked like the best solution to multiple part relativity at...
  2. B

Level of satisfaction with level 1 tech support from AD

Re: How Esc to Dev and Enhancement incidents are handled Thank you "aa4" for the carefully crafted response. So we have at least . . . First, Next and Last. Or, High, Medium and Low. According to Greg's "80-20" rule, this sounds like: First ( High ) . . . . 80% "Time proirity" > >...
  3. B

Modify one Config > Corrupts other Configs

Modify one Config > Corrupts other Configs The Standard "Ordering" in Design Explorer of Reference Geometry, to the Sketch or Geometry it is "Derived" from, causes configurations in a model to become "Corrupted", when values are changed in the Equation Editor. In this attached...
  4. B

Spreadsheet driven design - push but no pull ?

Kurt, could we get some usefulness here, if we could get an enhancement that would add an EXPORT FIELD to the Equation Editor ? This would automatically "push" values out of the Editor, which could be referenced by Excel, and then . . . > Barry :)
  5. B

Re: Exactamundo ! Here are my thoughts on accomplishing a similar information base, between users, without directly involving Support. http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18668#18668...
  6. B

The reported Status of "Closed, escelated to Dev", is insufficient. I need to know what development is or is not going to do with it. "Escelated to Develpoment", means that support can't explain it. "Closed" means nobody is going to explain it. > Barry :shock:
  7. B

Alibre "Reorders" Design Explorer

There isn't any tree. 8)
  8. B

Re: " o__u__a__o_ = _b__s__t__n = __f__c__i__ " 8)
  9. B

Re: I don't have an expectation, YOU IMPLY that I do. Alibre factually CHANGED THE ORDER ( while regenerating ) During It's "Temporary Illness". You may or may not remember: http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18755#18755...
  10. B

Re: Actually, it IS "neccessarily", just NOT "actually". I don't have any expectation about the order. Alibre's standard ordering of Reference Geometry results in that geometry not remaining associative. User chronological...
  11. B

No Barking here Miles, but the "tree" isn't functional. Nothing is greyed out. If it was functioning logically, then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Logical or not, Alibre's "reordering" causes the Reference Geometry to lose it's association to "Derived from Geometry", and...
  12. B

I know quite certainly that the reordering causes a failure in the association. This failure does not occur within a single configuration. It occurs when switching between configurations, when Parameters have been modified. After several "regenerations", the correct association becomes...
  13. B

Greg spills the beans

Everything MikeB is saying here, is "right on the money" ( let's not limit this to 2D Drawings however ! ) If we're going to look forward to V10, then when is it's projected release, and what Major and Minor considerations are expected to be included "therein" ? > Barry 8)
  14. B

Alibre "Reorders" Design Explorer During the "Definition" of "Reference Geometry", Alibre "Reorders" the new Reference Geometry, to "before" ( or "above" ) the "Sketch", or "Geometry", that it is "derived from". This appears, at first, to be resolved by "Regenerating the...