What's new

Recent content by BenzB

1. BenzB

Feature control panel-smart anchor option greyed out

Even if I click "show", change it to right middle and unclick "show" it reverts to left middle.
  2. BenzB

That would make sense if I wanted a leader but the placement of a leaderless frame always defaults to Left-Middle. This is most unhelpful when attempting to place the frame on the left side of the part.
  3. BenzB

What am I missing here?
  4. BenzB

Constraint parameters to limit motion.

Thanks Harold. Looks like I was on the right track. Which is good in as far as the software is intuitive!
  5. BenzB

Constraint parameters to limit motion.

In the attached package I have an assembly with a part that I am trying to limit the range of motion between the ends of the slots. It is the last constraint on the tree. My first time attempting this in Alibre. Some help with this would be appreciated. Thank you. Benz
  6. BenzB

Exporting to STEP - units

Two years later it is still confusing. I did find an answer though. Thanks.
  7. BenzB

v21 is now live

Just found it. Wish there was a link in the "Explore" tab of the software. Something the help and learning section that says "What's New inV21" or whatever version it may be. As it is now it isn't even referenced in the knowledge base which I feel it should be.
  8. BenzB

v21 is now live

Is there a "What's new" document?
  9. BenzB

Alibre Pro Too Much for 3D CAD Newbie?

Do you have any CAD/CAM experience at all outside of Alibre? Two dimensional flat CAD can be daunting as well if you are new to it. When I was learning Inventor the biggest hurdle I had was understanding the concept of constraints. But as others have said, the learning curve on any type of CAD...
  10. BenzB

constraining inserted designs in assembly

I do believe this is what is happening. I too have never had this problem with parts I have created. Only imported parts. I am thinking that perhaps it is something with the software that generates the file.
  11. BenzB

Fortunately Lew the Navy doesn't really care how I model the fixturing of their parts as long as they get good parts. I use my models exclusively in the CAM realm for programming CNC's.:D
  12. BenzB

I too am using Mcmaster Carr models as well as others which are downloaded as STEP files, opened and saved as Alibre part files. They import easier that way. Doing the same thing you describe. However if I click on a diameter on one screw and then the hole it moves all the screws of that group...
  13. BenzB

After inserting multiples of a design(part) into an assembly I have found that constraining one of these constrains all of them. E.G: inserting two screws and aligning one of them to a hole results in both of them being aligned to the same hole. Has anyone else run into this?
  14. BenzB

Mouse pointer is too precise

Same issue here. The fatter, fuzzier elements are harder to pick. I agree, it's frustrating. Hopefully the service pack will address some of these issues.
  15. BenzB

Fuzzy looking lines and text (2019 version)

I get an error when attempting to revert to build 20050: This occurs on my work computer (Win 7) or at home (Win 10).