What's new

Recent content by BigKahunaFL

1. BigKahunaFL

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

I just want a way to resize the mark. I currently use the star (which I don't care for (is it even a standard?)). I prefer the extended lines, but they shouldn't touch the part edges. There should be a gap just like dimensions.
  2. BigKahunaFL

Why is this not fully constrained?

I've used "Rectangle bt Center" to create pseudo-diamond-shaped figures: 1. Iinsert the square, dimension it. 2. Insert a reference line corner-to-corner. 3. Apply a vertical/horizontal constraint on the reference line (or an appropriate angle). Viola!
  3. BigKahunaFL

OneLaunch

I've never heard of "OneLaunch." What exactly does it provide that is more capable than just pinning things to the taskbar?
  4. BigKahunaFL

Advice welcome on linkage hinge

You could just click the link, if you want. It will take you directly to the calculator to play around with. It's wonderfully done. Good luck !
  5. BigKahunaFL

Advice welcome on linkage hinge

Your linkage is a bit more complicated than I'm used to seeing, but I've had great success with the help of this company's ( Gasspring.ca ) calculator.
  6. BigKahunaFL

Coil Spring

Right! I used 1/2-turn segments; the more segments, the more "realistic" it will appear, BUT, it will use much more memory.
  7. BigKahunaFL

Coil Spring

In the past, using Solidworks, I animated a spring by creating two halves for each coil. Each half was constrained using "face-to-face, and "concentric" constraints. The ends of the spring were constrained (using tangents) to opposing surfaces. When the surfaces moved, the spring would...
  8. BigKahunaFL

J wrench

Perhaps an online tool might be useful to you… PDF to DXF converter https://cloudconvert.com/pdf-to-dxf
  9. BigKahunaFL

VOTE: Do you use the Spinners?

I had to change my vote. I don't, or more precisely, haven't used it, but after reading some of the responses (re: "nudging"), I have to say that I believe its use will be in my future. Assuming of course that it is still there!
  10. BigKahunaFL

Modified part in assembly

One thing that I do and may also work for you is the use of Configurations. The file name will remain the same, and you can have as many configurations as you want/need and switch them on the fly!
  11. BigKahunaFL

COG Icon / Indicator

Thanks, Simon! I love this group! :cool:
  12. BigKahunaFL

COG Icon / Indicator

Yep, that confirms it… I'm going SENILE! Thanks for the handholding, fellas. Now, which one of you wants to come down here to monitor my meds? :rolleyes: BTW - Is there a simple way to "transfer" or show that symbol on the drawing?
  13. BigKahunaFL

COG Icon / Indicator

This old brain just ain't what it used to be! I could have sworn that there is/was a way to have a COG icon displayed on an assembly or part model. Please tell me that I'm not just reminiscing about Solidworks!
  14. BigKahunaFL

Alibre Design V27 - Service Update 1

Nor do I… … but that's because I've already installed the update <g>! BTW @RocketNut, I think you forgot to change your signature, otherwise, you would've seen an available update (just sayin')…
  15. BigKahunaFL

Merry Christmas and a very prosperous year 2024

To you as well! …and to EVERYONE on this very HELPFUL, Friendly FORUM! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!