What's new

Recent content by blaplant1

1. blaplant1

Motherboard Upgrade

For memory try http://www.4allmemory.com I have had good luck with this site. All one has to do is put in the specs and they list what will work, plus they guarantee it to work. 4 all memory have always taken good care of me. FREE shipping Bruce
  2. blaplant1

Greg spills the beans

Good question!
  3. blaplant1

Assembly wish list

Assembly wish list Happy camper assembly enhancements wish list. 1)The ability to pick an instance in an assembly and drag it to a desired location. Example: 1st.pick instance, 2nd pick vertex to move from, 3rd pick vertex to move to. Done. 2)Use...
  4. blaplant1

Feature-based color support

will do blaplant
  5. blaplant1

Fair question. I would like to see more assembly enhancements. 1)The ability to pick an instance in an assembly and drag it to a desired location. 2)Use measurement tool within the constraints tool that would allow the use to make measurements and use the data while constraining...
  6. blaplant1

I would think there are better ways to use time developing enhancements. :shock: However as long as the enhancement is a user selectable, go for it. :D
  7. blaplant1

Maybe time to upgrade!

Does the motion feature come with an unlimited license? When I upgraded to Expert that is one of the features I was looking for , only to find out that the new features in Expert had time limited license :oops: . If the license is unlimited , Expert would be a decent choice. :D
  8. blaplant1

How do I save units of measurement forever??

This sound like it could be an enhancement request. Have a part / assembly / drawing template set-up for each preferred unit. When creating a new part open the preferred template to start, and then “save as” the first time the new part is saved.
  9. blaplant1

V9 performance

Has anyone with this problem tried using a memory clean-up program called Fast Defrag? It was a suggested in this forum a couple of years ago. I have been using the Fast Defrag program and have not noticed the problems listed here.
  10. blaplant1

V9 - Did You Get What You Expected - Given the Expectations?

In response to warburton1 I am in complete conference with your observations. However if one considers Alibre’s “Man in charge” is asking the users to vote on which enhancements they prefer is a indicator that even the “one person business” can add weight to individual enhancements. As far as...
  11. blaplant1

Drawing - show hidden lines

This sounds like an older problem which was display driver update issuses. Make sure you have all the latest display divers on or after june 2005 Bruce
  12. blaplant1

Window sizing

I thrid it!
  13. blaplant1

Sorting when opening

I also would like to see a filtering feature that would sort parts, assemblies, BOM and drawing files. One work around I use is to create a project folder first and add a folder for each file type. IE Assembly folder, Part folder , and Drawing folder. When looking for a drawing all I do is open...
  14. blaplant1

Display Software Emulation in 8.2?

I downloaded the new NVIDA driver and it cleaned up my dispaly issues. One note while updating the driver I got a message that the driver might not be compatible with my card (GeForce2 MX). I figured sink or swim and continued with the install hoping for the best. After a reboot I checked out a...
  15. blaplant1

section an imported igs part

Dave Check and see if the part has a volume. If you can't get a volume than the part is not a solid. Bruce P.S. you know me from the big X