What's new

Recent content by Briggs

1. Briggs

How to quickly get rid of items in the design explorer

Thank you Harold. Of course that works perfect.
  2. Briggs

How to quickly get rid of items in the design explorer

Hi All. Bear with me. Let's say you have a VERY complex model. Hundreds of items in the design explorer. And, at the end of the day you decide to cut away the top two thirds of the model, leaving only the lower third. I cut away the upper two thirds of the model because I no longer want it. But...
  3. Briggs

V25 Sluggish for me. Still loses contraints.

I hope so. I'm sort of changing my work flow a bit by using more sub assemblies to limit the down time. It seems to not lose constraints for small assembly files. Or, I sort of just try and NOT move the part I just edited after returning to the assembly. I should note that it doesn't matter if...
  4. Briggs

Hi All. I work with a number of different assembly files and all of them suffer from the same loss of constraints once the part counts get higher than a few dozen, and sometimes as few as a dozen parts. I was able to recreate the issue while on a zoom call with support, so they saw first hand...
  5. Briggs

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

With all due respect to Oilman, I had no sluggish performance issues until V25, and then I did. And then they issued a Service Pack for it and that fixed the sluggishness. That said, I'm more than happy to admit I'm no expert CAD designer (a pretty good CAD HACK perhaps?), and I'm sure almost...
  6. Briggs

I just installed the Service Pack1 for V25. Like Craig, it solved the stuttering and other speed issues I was encountering. As a person who mostly works in large assemblies this quick fix is very very much appreciated. Thank you team Alibre. The loss of constraints issue is still there (since...
  7. Briggs

I very much look forward to SP1. Any idea when it might be out? Great news.
  8. Briggs

I feel your pain Weppler. Yes, working inside assembly files is almost unusable in V25. Just flipping around a model (in preparation for constraining it) is basically impossible. The lag and stutter makes rotating the models a real crap shoot. My solution is to break all my models into MUCH...
  9. Briggs

Simon. This is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing. I also have a thread going on sluggish behavior. And loss of constraints in a larger assembly.
  10. Briggs

Thanks David. I tried this on my laptop and it didn't make any difference in speed regardless of which processor I assigned. Again, this all started with V25.
  11. Briggs

Great suggestion David. In my case I went from V24 to V25. I did not download V25 BETA.
  12. Briggs

Hi Harold, I have all this set correctly too, I’m pretty sure.
  13. Briggs

Yes indeed Craig. I’ve got the graphics settings dialed in right and the Alibre Display settings degraded severely, and still I’m encountering what you described. For me V25 is basically unusable for large assemblies.
  14. Briggs

Rotating an unconstrained part (from within a large assembly) is extremely sluggish. Thank you.