1. C

3D viewer app for android or Ipad

Also check out iCAD in iTunes. http://icadprofessional.com/
  2. C

I need printing service

OK. Thanks.
  3. C

I need printing service

I know these forums aren't for advertizing goods for sale. I guess we'll find out if soliciting services is allowed. I need a couple prints of a pretty small and very delicate part. It's a broadhead for an arrow. I am in central Ohio and need these the first week of January. Anyone here do that...
  4. C

Keyshot 3

I too got AD and Keyshot 2 recently (October). And I got a new computer, and decided to just go with Keyshot 3 when I got the email about 3. Here's where the stories diverge though. I was told from Alibre today that "we've been alerted by keyshot that your serial does not apply for version 3."...
  5. C

Grabbing, Snapping and Constraining to Models in 2D Views

I’m kind of new to this stuff too, and share the same frustration. Though you may not be looking for work-arounds since they aren’t solutions, sometimes they do get you by. The one I’ve had to rely on is to enter 2D sketch mode, use ‘project to sketch’ to select parts of the model and present...
  6. C

Feedback for 2012 - What do you love?

The only problem I have with the icons is that some are hard to see over the light background. Yellow over white or near white doesn't stand out real well. Note the difference in visibility of the yellow faces on the 'view' icons in the regular toolbar vs. the quick access toolbar. There are a...
  7. C

Axes location

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I think yesterday and beyond if I drew a part on one of the 3 stock planes, say XY, the Z axes would stick out of the part on both ends. Today it only sticks out of the top, away from the plane. It also seems like it sticks up further on top than yesterday. Could...
  8. C

Searching Forum problem?

Me too. If I hit refresh>retry after back the search is resubmitted. Not much better but at least you don't have to type in the search again.
  9. C

edit a fillet in STEP file?

Very clunky but the only way I’ve figured out to change dumb parts is to sketch and cut what you don’t want then sketch and extrude what you do want. Rely on Project to Sketch to help with that. Depending on where the unwanted feature is this can be tricky to do and sometimes means ‘living’ with...
  10. C

Sketching in Assembly

Right click on a part and choose Edit Here. Or, go up to the ribbon and hit New Part or new Sheet Metal Part. Either action with supply the Activate 2D Sketch button in the upper left corner on the ribbon.
  11. C

Can you find constraint from the part?

Yup, that was the trick I was missing. Guess I need to poke around more or maybe...read the directionss that came with the program. Na, no fun there. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.
  12. C

Can you find constraint from the part?

In an assembly with lots of parts it’s not easy finding out which constraints apply to which part. Of course I don’t name the constraints as I go so I end up with a huge list of Mate, Align, etc. It’s easy enough to hit the + sign on a constraint and see what part it’s holding but is there a way...
  13. C

V2012 Middle Click Broken

Another instance where my middle click doesn’t work is when I’m in sketch mode with an existing model, the Select panel is active in the 2D Sketching ribbon and the curser is over the existing part. At that point the curser is a white arrow with a white box to the lower right. In that state...
  14. C

V2012 Middle Click Broken

Oh good. You broken is better than me broken. You can fix you. Looking forward to it.
  15. C

From Model to 2D Drawing????

Ah. My problem was not saving the model first. Other than it still being a little cumbersome to get there, this issue is solved. Thanks much.