What's new

Recent content by captainCosmic

1. C

Intriguing.....

Let's continue over afternoon tea... You guys are so funny this has become quite amusing. Somebody starts a thread based on a guess because of something someone else might have said [or didn't say in this case]...and every post makes the story grow ever more...
  2. C

Export Import errors with this part.

I thought so too...and I made an incident report about the part comming in with errors. Support responded with "you need to regenerate the part and the errors go away" As they and you state...this does indeed fix the errors. My settings are to autoregenerate also...which means that the...
  3. C

reply to indesign Same here...that works just fine. Then I take those hulls and insert into an assembly then take a tool [the main deck cutout] and punch the hulls which makes two Assembly-booleans. My problem is that I can 3d section the...
  4. C

reply to indesign Maybe it is the rounding errors that are giving me the problems later on...because tools generated using the original model and applied to the imported model appear to be what is causing my boolean and 3d operations to fail. I...
  5. C

V9 DXF export???

reply to indesign Tim...I have moved this information along with the part to the binaries section under this post... http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11258#11258 I am using the standard version of Alibre Design also... and really...
  6. C

Export Import errors with this part. When I do a part export to one of these standards and then turn right around and import the data back in...sometimes the part comes in with [what AD considers] bad geometry. I for one would be interested in knowing why? And the...
  7. C

Able to rename 3d views and assemblybooleans in the DE

Able to rename 3d views and assemblybooleans in the DE My models get confusing as they are getting more complicated. Nice to be able to rename everything in the design explorer except the 3d views and assembly booleans would be all the better. Steve
  8. C

file save assembly, wish to toss some changes

Re: file save assembly, wish to toss some changes I only use the file system and not the repository. I rename parts all the time on a saveas. You can choose a different name and a different place for each file by selecting the individule file in the left pane then selecting...
  9. C

V9 DXF export???

After I gave it a try... I started down this path bacause of instructions gregmilliken gave in an earlier post… Then in a later post in response to my comment about errors using STEP… Well I did try and it didn’t [fix my problems anyway] These findings...
  10. C

V9 DXF export???

Re: "We place a very high priority on quality" The AP203 and AP214 export/import routines appear to be broken in V9 also. Found out by trying to use boolean tools on parts exported/imported using these formats. :shock: I was able to use R13.sat [aa48 suggestion] to get a clean part "no...
  11. C

New hidden Features in V9

Re: Yes...but is there any good reason to do so in Alibre Design? The problem is that you can't run multiple instances of AD safely because of a shared file that the second instance can't get access to in the repositories called...
  12. C

V9 slow to pan and rotate

Answer from support on the Slow Pan and Rotate problem... I had this same problem and sent in an incident report about it. This was the reply... I did as suggested and the problem went away... However after furthur experimenting... 1) I found out that "Changing the number of...
  13. C

New hidden Features in V9

Re: New hidden Features in V9 I put in an incident report on this the it has been closed. "In V9.0...I can open as many Home Windows as I want. Just click on the quick launch icon in the task bar and get another and another." The comment back from support...
  14. C

Import large sets of points, lines, spline w/ this API tool

All the improvements I suggested... Thank you Alex for considering all those improvements I suggested...plus a bunch more. I just realized that this time you underestimated your abilities. ...on Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 9:44 pm I posted that I just got off the phone...
  15. C

Import large sets of points, lines, spline w/ this API tool

Re: When I installed it, an entry was made in my start programs under "plans.thefrankes.com" called "Point Import Wizard for Alibre Design"...and it does still work when I am offline. I have used it so many times since yesterday that I...