What's new

Recent content by ChrisGeo111

1. C

What's everyone favorite 3D printer

One of our sales guys bought himself a cheap CTC dual extruder from ebay to hopefully print some parts for his model railway hobby. The idea was that I model up what he needed and send him the files to print. From what I've read the CTC appears to be a cheap Chinese version of a Makerbot...
  2. C

Exploded views and Assembly Constraints

I don't tend to use the Exploded View option too often (in 9 years of using Alibre I think I've created about one a year!) so this might be a stupid question. I've created an Assembly, an Exploded View and a Drawing. Now I need to move one of the parts in the assembly by 100mm. I alter the...
  3. C

MOI - do I need it?

I use it purely to convert between file formats. The nature of my business (joinery/shop-fitting/interior design) and the clients I deal with means that I have a plethora of different design and rendering packages depending on the projects needs. MOI comes in handy at bridging the gap between...
  4. C

2017.1 Soft launch is live

If I hover over the preview pane and scroll to zoom it cycles through the configs instead.
  5. C

Downloaded latest installer but I still can't zoom (Win 8.1). I can pan fine though. A windows quirk I guess. Even tried a different mouse.
  6. C

I can pan by holding the mouse wheel down and dragging(I don't have a middle button) but it wont zoom if I scroll. Is this going to be dependant on what sort of mouse we are using?
  7. C

Looking good :D
  8. C

Keyshot Licensing

Both work fine for me. I downloaded both. Released the Alibre license(just in case) and then installed Alibre 2017.1. Opened it to check it worked ok. It did :) Then I uninstalled the old version of keyshot, cleaned the registry and did a restart (again, just in case) Installed new Keyshot and...
  9. C

"Next" release for GMD

Nice one Simon. Good to see what all the fuss is about.
  10. C

"Next" release for GMD

Well this is all rather exciting! I do hope this means something is on the horizon.
  11. C

Sheet Metal Cuts not working?

I agree with David. You can only cut all the way through with the sheetmetal module. I've had various times when I've just had to accept it sometimes won't do what I want and end up spending hours trying to "Macgyver" something together which usually involves exporting the partially modelled...
  12. C

Maintenance Poll

We have 3 licenses currently under maintenance and none will be renewed if nothing happens in the next few months. Our company has recently taken on two new designers to work on closed projects (they will run as a separate design department working on their own projects) and has already decided...
  13. C

"Next" release for GMD

Over the weekend I was "speaking" (via webchat) to an overseas software reseller about cheap rendering/animation packages that also supplies GMD and mentioned the lack of updates or development. He informed me that there is news on the horizon but is "contractually obliged" to say no more! Not...
  14. C

Poor computer performance (local or over network)

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a go at the weekend and let you know how I get on.
  15. C

Poor computer performance (local or over network)

I have Geomagic installed on my home PC(which is windows 7) in case I have to work from home over the weekend or in the evenings on a rush job. Turned home PC on last weekend and noticed it was taking forever to download updates - after 4 hours it was still on 0%. I just thought maybe the kids...