What's new

Recent content by Craig

1. C

V25 Sluggish for me. Still loses contraints.

Just a quick note: Service Pack1 for Version 25 seems to have fixed my performance problems. Thanks Alibre!
  2. C

V25 Sluggish for me. Still loses contraints.

I bought a gaming pc last year, specifically to run Alibre. It has four 2.5 ghz processors and an nvidia grapgics card with 8 gig of memory. Alibre 24 ran like scalded dog. Alibre 25, even after taking the steps to enable the graphics card, experiences the same performance as described above...
  3. C

all sketches on all parts are 'locked' ??

Stefan, thanks for your help. I had managed to turn off the sketch views. Wasn't aware you could do it. David, thanks also for your suggestion; wasn't the solution but I appreciate your taking the time to reply.
  4. C

all sketches on all parts are 'locked' ??

I'm running Aibre Professional at V23. I'm almost embarrassed to make this post, I wouldn't consider myself a newbie... but it will certainly sound like it when you hear my problem. On EVERY sketch of EVERY part on EVERY project I've designed with Alibre, and there are many; this occurs. I...
  5. FullSize3rdGeneration

FullSize3rdGeneration

6. FullSize2ndGeneration

FullSize2ndGeneration

A photo of the full size engine.
  7. C

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

I’m a hobbyist, but I use Alibre Professional. Can’t cost justify the expert version upgrade. I’ll probably keep my maintenance current. I upgraded to V23 about the time I got a Dell G3 15 with an Nvidia gaming video card. This machine runs V23 well. I have found v23 to be a fairly stable...
  8. C

I REALLY Hate this!

And when you zoom in to an extreme amount to locate and correct “open loops” the product crashes. I reported this problem a few releases back and it was corrected, but I noticed it is back in V23.
  9. FrontView

FrontView

The model was built from castings for the flywheels and pully. The remainder of the model was machined from solid stock.
  10. RearLeftView

RearLeftView

The full size engines used illuminating gas as a fuel, a fuel piped into houses at the time for lighting. The fuel had a high percentage of hydrogen in it's composition. My engines run on acetylene.
  11. RearRightView

RearRightView

These engines were built from 1867 and for approximately the following 12 years. They were immediately obsoleted by Otto’s invention of the “modern” 4-cycle engine. They went through three major revisions. This is a 2nd generation engine, the black single shaft engine I posted previously is...
  12. FullViewFrontRight

FullViewFrontRight

View of the left side of the model.
  13. FullViewRearRight

FullViewRearRight

View of the right side of the model. The model was built using elevation drawing of the original full size for reference.
  14. LockoutByBellcrank

LockoutByBellcrank

The "safety" mechanism that prevents the engine from drawing fuel into the cylinder until the piston is at the bottom of the cylinder. This prevents the engine from "over charging" the cylinder, resulting in destruction of the engine by blowing the piston out of the top of the engine.
  15. LockoutByGovernor_2

LockoutByGovernor_2

A view of the mechanism that prevents the engine from taking another cycle until warranted by the flyball governor